Help me choose a decent dvd burner among these

vbimport

Hello,
I’m really confused about picking a decent dvd burner. The following writers are the ones available to me:

ASUS DRW-24B1LT 24x DVD Writer
Lite-On iHAS324 24x DVD Writer
Sony DRU-870S 24x DVD Writer
LG GH24NS50 24x DVD Writer
LG GH24LS50 24x DVD Writer

I have been reading reviews for those for the past 6 hours. They are mostly conflicted. So, I decided to ask here. Could you help me pick one please? I need a drive that is most likely to live longer. Also, I need it to be compatible with most dvd+r and dvd+r dl discs. Thanks a lot for your time.

Well my first choice would be the [B]Sony[/B] and then the [B]LG[/B] or the [B]Liteon[/B], and as long as you use good media you want have any issues burning or reading the discs.

Thanks a lot for the reply, vroom. Well, I found that only a few people complain about the Sony drive. So, I decided to buy it. One thing I need to ask. Can I use this drive to scan for jitter?

[QUOTE=drive;2491276]Thanks a lot for the reply, vroom. Well, I found that only a few people complain about the Sony drive. So, I decided to buy it. One thing I need to ask. Can I use this drive to scan for jitter?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, it’s nec based drive so you can do some dvd scans but they wont have jitter, if you want jitter scan you need to get a liteon, but as long as you use good media, you wont have any issues with this drive (i hope, because i didn’t have any with my 7240S).

Thanks a lot, vroom for the continuous support. I really appreciate it. I decided to go with the Sony drive. I think it will make a great burner. Again, thanks.

May your days be filled with blessings.