Help me backup my disc

vbimport

I’ve just bought an original disc “Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 7th” but I can’t backup in Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3823. I use A ray scanner v2.0.2.3 to scan this disc and it shows “Securom dectected”. Please help me. I’m a newbie so please explain to me step by step

I’d search the forums. There will be plenty of posts regarding SecuRom. You will also need the version used. To get this, scan the installation directory of the piece of software.

Not sure on this, but running AnyDVD in the background might work?

I used A ray scanner to scan all files more than 20Mb on disc but it found nothing. I choose “Scan sector” and it just shows “SecuRom detected”. Which tools can I use to show SecuRom version?

Which tools can I use to show SecuRom version?

I’d search the forums. There will be plenty of posts regarding SecuRom. You will also need the version used. [B]To get this, scan the installation directory of the piece of software.[/B]

Please read the bit in [B]Bold[/B].

SecuRom version only shows up when you scan the installation directory. Just point A-Ray to the directory and tell it to “scan the directory”.

I use ProtectionID v5.1 and it shows SecuRom 7.xx.xx.

ncduc_dt, is Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 7th on a cd or dvd.

It’s CD. I used Deamon tools 4.03 but it always shows “Original disc is not authenticated”. When I put the original disc in CDROM, it works well.

ncduc_dt, The image you have made is not good enough that is why you are getting that message. To make a good Image Just use the Securom 4/5 data type. Then put the read speed to its lowest, also put the DPM read speed onto its lowest.

Not work. SecuRom v7 is different from Securom v4, v5

What do you mean its not working? What error messages are you getting? Give us more information. Yes I know Securom v7 is different from Securom v4, v5, But you can still use the Securom 4/5 data type.

Securom *NEW (4.x/5.x) is just a name of the profile. You still use it when dealing with Securom 7.

It always shows “Original disc could not find or authenticated” or shows “Original disc can’t authenticate in time within. Retry?”. I choose Alcohol to read at 1X and burn at 4X. And my CDWriter is Plextor 5224TA 1.03

And the DPM?

1X

Try doing the dpm at a variety of speeds, e.g. 1x, 4x and 12x.

I change another CDWriter ASUS 5232A4 and now it WORKS.
Thank everybody for help

My original disc can be read by ASUS 5232AX but my backup disc can’t. It shows “Error decompessing” while installing. However, it can be read by ASUS 5232A4.
And I have 2 Plextor 5224TA 1.03, and they were manufactured the same month but just one of them can write the backup disc without no errors.

SecuRom7 is tough , Butuse clonyxxl 2.0.0.5 and clone cd and you will get through.