Help: Looking for Program to Edit DVD without Converting

vbimport

Hi, everyone. I’ve browsed through a few pages of the topics, and couldn’t seem to find exactly what I was looking for. So, I hope some of you may be able to help me.

I’m basically looking for a program that will enable me to do basic editing (trimming, cutting, and splicing) of my DVD video without actually having to first convert the DVD to AVI or MPEG. I have several DVDs I’ve made using my Panasonic DVD Recorder, and after I finally figured out how to get around the error and be able to make copies of those DVDs (thanks to a thread on this forum) using my burner, I’d now like to be able to edit them a little. The DVDs are made up of a bunch of different “segments” - divided only by “blue screen” - and there’s about 3 seconds of footage here and there on the DVDs that I’d like to be able to just cut out, apply a fade transition, and then be done with it. I’m not looking for very fancy editing capabilties…I’d just really like to make the transitioning smoother than I could on the recorder.

Also, I’d like to be able to create menus for these DVDs, but I’m not sure if that’s possible without converting, etc. That would really just be icing on the cake, so it’s certainly not necessary.

Anyone willing to offer any suggestions or whatever, I’d really, really appreciate it. One thing, though…I’m kind of looking for something I could try out first before dropping a lot of money on it in a store. Thanks so much!

• Jess

I’d check out MPEG-VCD from Womble.com. It can do most if not all what your after as for editing, fading, etc. Then re-author the VOB’s in DVDLab adding what ever menu you like.