HELP! LDW-811S doesn't read DVD media

PLEASE people! Some help!!! I’m in panic!!!

My LDW-811S has suddenly stopped reading DVD media, either original or +R, -R!!! It reads CD-R though… It just spins all the time with green led blinking when I put a DVD inside! I tried re-flashing the original firmware it came with, nothing… I also re-flashed my original EEPROM backup, nothing…
What can I do now??? And what firmware should I use? Should I enable all options in OminPatcher? Can somebody make a custom firmware for me with all the optimal changes included?

Thanks in advance,

MiLToS_666

Disable anydvd, and any copy protection removers.

Ensure that you don’t have autorun enabled.
Ensure that you don’t have any TSR programs which access the drive.

Then we can break out the heavy guns :wink:

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I have disabled AnyDVD although it has never caused me any problems and I also disabled all the system processes I could! No results, still doing the same. I also flashed the drive again using the latest HS0R firmware with all OmniPatcher options enabled. Do you think that might be causing the problem? I have to burn some DVDs for my work and now this thing is busted damnit! What is the procedure for an RMA??? I live in Greece btw…

MiLToS_666

just a quickie you say

It just spins all the time with green led blinking when I put a DVD inside!

did you set the option to enable cross flashin in omnipatcher?
also

Can somebody make a custom firmware for me with all the optimal changes included?

hit the apply recomended media tweaks…that does exactly what you just asked

I have enabled cross-flashing, although the drive reads CD-R just fine…
The problem is only DVD media oriented… I pop the disk in, and it just spins and spins and spins doing these “tsssrrrt” “tsssrrrt” sounds like it’s reading the disk… But then it stops doing nothing and the drive is not accessible…
The drive was working fine before… It just stopped working now… I don’t know what it is… Please help me!

MiLToS_666

I’m still here waiting for someone to save my ass…
I have tried lots of stuff… I read through the other topics and I must clear out that I don’t have SP2 installed and neither an audio cable connected to my 811s… For god’s sake, it even burns CD-R flawlessly!!!
I’d like to know the RMA procedure… What can I do???

MiLToS_666

Return the drive to where you purchased it. It’s the first point of contact.
Just write down:

1. Whats wrong with the drive.
  2. What you have tried to correct the issue.
    They are looking for
    a) You have updated the firmware
    b) You have tried different disc (DVD’s)
    c) You have tried the drive in another machine with different IDE cables, etc.
    d) You are using up-to-date burning programs.