Help! Keeps failing to burn!

Hi allkindred
The clean uninstall of DVDFab helped [B]maccon[/B] and others sometimes it doesn’t seem to work in all cases,
The .pf file is in
c:\Windows[U]PREFETCH [/U] it is the [B]Boot-up[/B] file windows use when you open a program and when you uninstall a program the .pf file is left behind

The PREFETCH file may look different since it was the old version look for any entries for DVDFAB
and delete it or them if there are more then one

Tim

OK! Back again! I downloaded the regseeker and, well should I just start over? Should I clean out the dvdfab again, then reinstall? When I went into PREFETCH, I did see 4 dvdfabs and deleted them. I just don’t know if I got them all before I reinstalled. I’m just really stumpped.

Yes do it before you run Regseeker

Yup, just be careful and do Not uncheck the backup box mentioned above.

To clarify…
Clean the system before reinstalling platinum, ie., do the reinstall last.

The program runs from DVDPlatinum3 under program files, but stores temp& perm files under C:\documents and settings\DVDFab that has several sub folders. 1 for each mode suchas Full Disc, Main Movie,etc. You will also find the log files there.

Mack

OK! Do I need to check the DMA and put the channels to DMAif AVAILABLE first?

Not sure where you are in this process.
First, I would clean your system and then reinstall from a new download, link on the first page or at the top of the forum…by Fengtao

Yes

OK!!! I did the cleaning of the system, and re installed, it copied fine,it’s only a 30 minute dvd, and when it went to burn, it stalled then gave me these:

Task failed! Error=116
Process failed!

The target is
E:[2:0:0-TSSTcorp CD/DVD/DVDW TS-H552L063(lde)]

The burn dvd folder is
(C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\MyDocuments\DVDFab emp

Does this make sense? I know that some of the spaces were left out.

ALSO! The channels were set to DMA already, but there were 2 Standard Duel Channel PCI IDE Controller

Is your burner set as master on 1 of those channels? Also use 80 wire cable and attach to end connector (black). there would be a blue to connect to motherboard, light gray for secondary, and black for the master.

Mack

Hi Mack
Look at post # 30 The Target does not look right to me

Sorry THE [B]SOURCE[/B]
(C:\Documents and Settings[B][U]HP_Administrator[/U][/B]\MyDocuments\DVDFab emp
SHOULD be OWNER :confused:

I will have to check when I get home, but it does seem to be missing atleast a name.

Mack

Hello Mack! I’m so thankful for all the help and good will towards a novice!!! How do I see if the burner is on 1? As for the wires, it is what came with the computer when we bought it last January.

Thanks!
Kym

Hi again,

Back from the Vet, visit was routine…thankfully…whew!

Re: your temp folder…you can name it whatever you want, it shouldn’t make any difference.
The question is…can you navigate to it and does it contain the files you ripped?
This was why I asked back on my original questions.
If you can’t locate the files, go to common settings and uncheck "Delete temporary files when done"
It’s on the first page. Ordinarily, these files should not delete unless you have a successful burn

The one near the end of mother board is usually primary as that is the way they are identified. Usually the Hard drive is on this channel and will read as 0 master or 1 slave in the device manager. The secondary channel is behind the primary and will read as 0 master or 1 slave in the device manager. Check your device manager to see where your burner is installed. Some people and companies try to save a buck or 2 by putting HD as master and burner as slave on the same channel. I have 2 HDs M & S on the primary ide. A dvd Burner and DVD-ROM M & S on secondary ide. I use DVD-Rom as Source to move to HD the move to target Burner. That way there is never 2 devices on the same channel competing for resources.

Mack

[QUOTE=maineman]Hi again,

Back from the Vet, visit was routine…thankfully…whew!

Re: your temp folder…you can name it whatever you want, it shouldn’t make any difference.
The question is…can you navigate to it and does it contain the files you ripped?
This was why I asked back on my original questions.
If you can’t locate the files, go to common settings and uncheck "Delete temporary files when done"
It’s on the first page. Ordinarily, these files should not delete unless you have a successful burn.

I am not sure what this is…there is a box on the first page of the program, and it’s always checked for delete temporary file when done. Should I uncheck that before I start to copy? I also found files of things that didn’t burn when I cleaned the program off earlier today.

Glad it was just a routine trip today! I’m sure Ellie will be clad to be home from her knee surgery today! I have to pick her up in a few minutes, so I’ll have to pick this back up tomorrow…

Gentleman…you sure are wonderful! thanks for the help!

Hi Mack! You’ve got me really confused and I’ll have to go over this tomorrow. Just one question, if I only burn a dvd and do nothing else, are they still competing for resources? Thanks!!! I’ve learned so much already today!