HELP-- i've got gaps!

vbimport

hello everyone-- sorry if this has been discussed before; i’m new.

anyway here’s the dilemma:

i am a dj and make mix cd’s in mp3 format
these mixes are always 1 large mp3 file

i would like to burn the one large mp3 file onto cd as a continuous mix (track markers but with NO gaps)

i’ve tried cutting up the mp3 with Direct Cut than burning it with Roxio EZ CD Creator with no gaps between songs-- no luck.

any tips? simplest solution wins!

You can’t burn several MP3 files without gaps.
MP3 format usually includes small silences at the start and end of the file.

I don’t know if EZCDCreator has a non-destructive “Split” function.
If it hasn’t, the best is Feurio (if your burner is supported)
Drop the MP3 file in a project, open Track Editor, and use “Split Tracks (linked)” action.
What you have there, is what it’ll be burned.

i’m curious about a similar issue. The “mixcds” i download come with the file extionsion .tar. When i open it up to it file…several tracks are contained in it. I want that mixcd to maintain it’s integrity when i try to put it on disc(with no gaps). The file extentions on the tracks are mp3s. So there’s nothing to fuse tracks because o fthe ‘given’ pauses in mp3? can i convert the files to something else and then try something ?

you could try crossfading but the results won’t be as perfect as doing it manually by yourself.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86024

Read this one?
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=48411

It is one of the "Read me First’ threads in the audio forum…maybe it is of help to you

yeah i read that one…that’s creating tracks from one big track.
i want these indivual tracks to be
linked without gaps

Originally posted by Mister_O_D
yeah i read that one…that’s creating tracks from one big track.
i want these indivual tracks to be
linked without gaps

Ah sorry…
You could do that with crossfading, but also editing it all into one big file and use the method as explained in my previous linked thread…just a suggestion

any recommended faders?//thanks for all the probes