Help! Is there no viable means to burn WARCRAFT 3 ?! :(

Hey I am really frizzled right now. Made over 20 coasters trying to burn this game properly, but nothing seems to work! I am currently using a MSI Dragonwriter 48x(yea real crappy) with came with nero software. I have visited numerous forums and tried many different techniques trying to get a backup of Warcraft III, but to no avail. I have used Clone CD w/ Cloney and also Blindwrite/read but that did not work.

I downloaded that Lite-on thing that was on this site, but that did not work either. I am very confused. I am sorry but I am a total newbie to this, the other games I backup I had no problems like this.

I would be very grateful if anyone could provide assistance! Thanks in advance.

Hey thanks for the reply, but I am having a small problem. I previously had a 2.0.0.6 version of ClonyXXL installed, so I went and upgraded to 2.0.1.3, but your alcoholer application still does not detect it. I tried placing them in the same directory but that did not seem to remedy the situation.

What must I do?

omg I forgot to include some important informations :s

I can burn the CD, but when I use the burnt WC3 CD the game does not run. I have heard solution to use emulation, but my HDD is lacking in space.

So where is problem with my prog. Just press Run Alcohol and everything will be set.

yay! it works! R!Co your software is awesome, I can hardly contain my joy! Thank you SO much! You totally rock :cool:

maybe you didn’t make 20 coasters istorm.
are you running the game from your burner?
do you have the “CloneCD Tray” option in CloneCD enabled?
CloneCD should have no problem backing up Warcraft 3.

Well many of the burns were successful, but when I try to run the game with those discs in the tray, the program fails to reconize the disc.

use this option in cloneCD to make A copy

(Write WC3 Cd With No Cracks Needed)
You want to learn how to make a prefect backup copy for warcraft 3 without any need of cracks
here is the settings
1.First you need a program called clonecd
pop in the cd in your cd reader
2. click on the image with a eye glasses on cd
3. choose your cd reader
4. right click on an icon called Game Cd and click on edit
5.check these settings
read subchannel data
read subchannel audio
regenerate data sectors
thats all you check leave the rest unchecked
6.set Read Speed For Data to:8x
7.set Read Speed for Audio to:4x
8. set Audio extraction Qulity to:Medium
9. now click ok and then next
10. now click on browse and choose a folder.
11.Click on next and wait for it to read the cd
Now WHEN DONE READING
Pop in an empty cd in the cd writer (650mb cd good enough, I say a tdk or verbatim for best qulity)
1.click on the pencil on the cd icon
2. click next and don’t change any of the settings
3. set the write speepd to 8x or around that speed not any higher
4.high light Game cd icon
5. check this setting
Always close last session
I think you have to right click on game cd then check this setting but I don’t remember just find this setting and check it. LEAVE EVERYTHING els Unchecked and press next( If you have the buffer underrun box check don’t uncheck it)
6. Now wait for it to burn and don’t screw around with the pc or the cd will get crewed up and you will burn a coaster so leave the pc relaxed
Also this setting will only work for Warcraft3

Thanks I am happy that my program helped you istorm

Talk about Alcohol in the Alcohol Forum.
Answer the original question or don’t post
Ask to have the thread moved earlier rather than later
This thread is so messed up I can’t split it and moving it makes no sense either.
Thread closed.