HI, I own an Philips 1660P1m and am using Nero 7 to burn DVD’s. I have been trying to burn my favorate TV show, Lost to DVD. I have alway sbeen able to burn 4 episodes per dvd before. But now, it always stops and freezes while transcoding the second episode of 4. I have tried burning diffrent versions of the same episodes, I have un installed and re installed Nero, I have updated my DVDR drivers. I have no problem burning anything else so far as a single movie on to a dvd, or burning mulipal avi’s to a dvd as data. I dont know if this is a hardware problem or software problem. I do notice that while its burning the first episode the dvd is running fine, but once Nero starts transcoding that second, it all stops. Please help! I have gone through more blank dvd’s than I care to remember.
- Have you upgraded your Nero 7 with the latest update?
- Are you using the latest Firmware for your drive?
- Always good to have a RW disc handy for testing till you solve the problem.
- Might be that file it stops on is corrupt.
- Are you using an 80 pin IDE cable?
- Is DMA turned on and showing under IDE controllers in device manager?
- BURN SLOWER-4x at first if possible.