Help! ifo to avi

so me and my friends made a video for youtube on her iMac. she sent me a copy of the cd and i put in my computer and i cant put it on you tube because it is a ifo file. i need something that is FREE and can convert Ifo to Avi or MP3 or M-peg anything that Youtube supports. also the video is 5:24 minutes so i cannot use DVD ripper platinum because you can only do 5 minutes in the free trial. if you can find a way to make the Video shorter without loosing parts that would be great!

An .ifo file is only the navigation file within a dvd video. You need the entire Video_TS folder with all the necessary .vob, .ifo and .bup files.

There are many free dvd rippers for download, including DVDDecrypter, DVDShrink and the free section of DVDFab, called DVDFab HD Decrypter. Only the last one is still being updated. But from the sounds of it, your dvd is not encrypted. If that is true, you can do a simple copy and paste of the entire Video_TS folder onto the hard driveā€¦or just drag and drop the Video_TS folder onto the hard drive.

Assuming you have the entire dvd, and you get it to the hard drive, you can use AutoGK or Handbrake to convert to an avi or mp4 file using the xvid codec.

If Youtube can accept straight mpeg2 files, you can just rename the .vob file with an .mpeg extension, or run the dvd-video through Vob2Meg.