Help.. i wanna back up my ps2 games to dvdrom using pioneer dvr-108.. possible?

as for the above… i flashed it to nil firmware 1.14… anyone has any idea how to burn to dvd-rom cos my ps2 console cannot read dvd-r… help… :sad:

First of all, do you have a modified PS2 console (or some alternate mod-method)? If not then you are wasting your time. Each original disc comes with an encrypted “boot-up” code which does not tranfer when you backup the PS2 game. The modchip (or one of the alternate methods) feeds/circumvents this code automatically to your PS2 so the backup game will boot properly. In effect it is kind of like having software without a proper serial or key. The game/program is all there but it is missing the startup/activation code. Also what media are you using?

i am using the arcmedia dvd-r 4x… my ps2 is modified… only able to read dvd-rom tho… cant read dvd-r…

10:1 it’s the media. PS2s are incredibly picky with what they read. Ritek and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are definitely the way to go for best results. I have a DMS3 chip in my PS2 and have used Ritek DVD-R on it burned at 4x. Every single one works perfectly. Just burn in ISO mode with DVD Decrypter or use the regular copy mode in Recordnow Max (Nero will work as well). Read original disc to computer HD, write back to DVD-R. Which chip do you have?

i dont know wad’s my chip… but anyhow… i’ll try to buy better brands… thx…