Help I need a driver LG GSA-4167BA

vbimport

I bought the below DVD drive some time ago and have jsut got around to installing it, unfortuately I bought it OEM so have no drivers, I’ve searched the LG site but with no success, could someone suggest an applicabel driver please, a URL would be really useful.

LG GSA-4167BA

Optical drives need no drivers; they are native in Windows. You could need a newer firmware though, Use CDSpeed and see what firmware you have.

If you want to get the best I have found, go here:http://tdb.rpc1.org/

And consider the DJ13. Read up before you flash any firmware and welcome to the forum.

I have tried just playing a DVD, using media player I get the following error message:

“Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter.”

I have gone through the help wizard, changing screen resolution etc with no success any suggestions.

Upper the screen res and also the used colour depth.

Tried screen res again no success

Hi,

Okay, so this isn’t a drive problem. Windows Media Player is not designed for DVD video playback. Try VLC Media Player and see if that works.

Michael