Help i just got a new computer now what

I’ve all ways been a mac user but i just bought a new pc and now what… whats some basic stuff i need as far as software

i have a 2400 AMD processer 512 RAM and BENQ 48x16x18 burner and a Ti4200 graphics card

as far as software other than a few copied games my friends have given me nothing and i’m running windows xp pro. :confused:

by the way i’m on my mac now so any help would be great

no one can help you if you dont tell them your goals. there is software i consider basic, that you would wonder what im talking about. and vice versa, im sure. what do you want to do ? then we can help you.

Burrning software for games and copying suff

MP3 play back i hate windows media player

and whats one good game (first person shooter) for me to to go out at get?

first person shooter;

mohaa
mohaa spearhead
global ops
wolfenstein
operation flashpoint
new world order
etc…

you could use winamp 3 (free) for playing back movies and audio

mp3player, go with winamp.

well gta3 is somewhat a first person shooter. Its fun if you like going around somewhere and just blowing things up and killing people. you can play missions in it and car jack and stuff like that.

Any of the rainbow 6 series, in my opinion, are good.

For burning software, most would reccomend nero. Its used for premastering, or basically making audio, data, and (s)vcd. If its games you want to copy, you have several choices. Clonecd, alcohol, and blindwrite.

Each have their own unique advantages. If you are going to be dealing with copying older games, clonecd will work fine. On some of the newer games, the copy protection is real good, making it harder for these programs to copy. Read around in our clonecd, alcohol, and blindwrite forums for more info on newer games and their protections.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

From a Mac to a Pc !?!?!?!?!?

Why !? Why !?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]:eek: :eek: :eek:

From a Mac to a Pc !?!?!?!?!?

Why !? Why !? [/B]

i hope you’re kidding

I have both computers in my room i had to get a pc for school so i figured if i have to spend money i might as well get a fast one i can do stuff on it

Originally posted by Tweeking101
I have both computers in my room i had to get a pc for school so i figured if i have to spend money i might as well get a fast one i can do stuff on it

well okay…

on a side note… cdfreaks kinda doesn’t wanna know your friends copied games for you… there are certain rules to uphold…

anyhoo . welcome to the world of mickeysoft and we hope you have a pleasant stay

the absolute BEST first person shooter is Serious Sam no other compares:bow:

I Know this is a stupid question but still

What is kazaa? :stuck_out_tongue:

What is a good use for it and can i get introble for using it…and how is it any different than napster?

GAH

the big difference with napster is that kazaa (lite) works.

First Person Shooters :
System Shock 2 :bow:
Deus X :bow:
Half Life :bow:

Instead of Kazaa you can also use Soulseek.

Originally posted by slayerking
the absolute BEST first person shooter is Serious Sam no other compares:bow:

I agree :bigsmile:

i duno - just started playing totally unmodded half life tonight - its fun in a 3 player lan party :wink:

help i just got a new computer now what

Turn it on :bigsmile:

lol