Help! I get a black screen when replacing menu image

Hey, I am just trying to edit some text in a dvd menu so this is what I do. I convert the menu to still and then I edit the bitmap image and use muxman to create the dvd files and then when I click replace with still, the menu doesn’t show up, it just turns black. Why does this happen, I have tried using version 3.4 pro, 3.5 pro and the new 3.6.3 but I have no idea how to fix this problem. Something is obviously very wrong and I dont know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also here are some pictures. The first picture is the original dvd (unedited) and the second picture is after I try to replace the still menu but all I get is this black screen.

Play your DVD that you created with muxman. Is the video there?

Even easier - when you are in the replace menu (Ctrl-R), and you select the DVD created by muxman, can you see the foreground? Something sure looks wrong - DVDRMP is reporting VOBU 65535. If it is a still, it should be VOBU 1. The mux is probably bad. Check your muxman log.

Regards

@gschept180,

Very common unintentional mistake. Make sure you save your edited bitmap as 24-bit BMP before converting it to VOB with Muxman.

It has nothing to do with 24-bit BMP because I used paint to edit the text and saved it as a 24 bit BMP but here are the files that muxman created if you want to take a look. So I still don’t know what is going on because I still get that black screen.

You sholdn’t have a VTS_01_0.VOB and the _1.VOB is way too small. You have not imported the still correctly into muxman.

Anyway, there’s an easier way. Use VobBlanker - it handles direct drag and drop of a BMP. Guide on site.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2059236]You sholdn’t have a VTS_01_0.VOB and the _1.VOB is way too small. You have not imported the still correctly into muxman.

Anyway, there’s an easier way. Use VobBlanker - it handles direct drag and drop of a BMP. Guide on site.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Hey, I can’t find the guide on the site to do this so can you post me a link. Also I have uploaded a .zip file of the dvd (hiding all blocks and converting the menu to still) and have included the edited bmp in the zip file, 2 years ago toaddub took a look at something like this for me and helped me out. I would really appreciate if anyone could do the same and let me know whats going on. Thanks

http://upload2.net/page/download/Z3fGDLMAkcjXHb3/Video_TS.zip?status=ready

It has everything to do with 24-bit BMP! Look at the file size of the original 32-bit BMP, 1621KB. The 24-bit BMP should be 1216KB, but your edited bitmap is still 1621KB and the file property still says it is 32-bit depth. I tried to do an export frame of your menu and resave it in Paint as 24-bit. Somehow Paint still save it as 32-bit, that’s not right, so I resave it in Photoshop and the bit depth is correct. :rolleyes:

Anyways, VobBlanker exports the bitmap as 24-bit BMP and accepts the edited bitmap for replacement. VobBlanker will automatically convert BMP to VOB with MuxMan for you.

Check out the animated guide on the VobBlanker site. You need to set up pointer to muxman and your temp folder - after that, it’s prepare your still, drag and drop.

Regards

Alright great I got it working. It was the 24 bit BMP thing. I dont know why paint wouldn’t save it as a 24bit but thanks to everyone who helped. I appreciate it