HELP! I Don't Know How to Burn 6 Hours on my DVD's

vbimport

Please don’t grill me but i just got a new dvd burner & wondering if anyone could tell me what program to use that will let me burn 6 hours not just 2. i’ve got the intel viiv. i want to tape some stuff off tv & use the most outta the dvd’s which says 6 hours?

also can u burn more than one movie on a dvd that i rent?

sigh

How can you expect any help when you ask for assistance in doing illegal activities?

This is the bit we can’t help you with :cop:.

so everything you offer on this site is illegal…lol. what is anydvd for?

please view the cdfreaks rules.

it does not matter what is legal or illegal in various countries. as a member here you must abide by the rules you agreed to upon signing up. if you cannot respect those rules, I’m sure a mod will be by to respect them for you (close/delete posts, suspend registration)

Actually anydvd is for removing the region lock from drives, so it also happens to bypass encryption, that’s the bonus.

Other than that bide by the rules or go elsewhere and don’t let the door hit in you the arse on the way out.

Though I have to say your posting style is [I]very[/I] familiar.

Who can read is in advance…

Okay chef now I have to ask: What? Don’t be so cryptic us poor idiots (otherwise known as me) can’t understand it :bigsmile:

It should be a pointer to the rules, as mentioned by others before. :wink:

Thank you for that I was beginning to wonder about my stupity levels, which are going up as I get older. 32 this year argh!!!

Gosh, only 32. lol :wink:

Ah, but your a Guru you never age. Me I am a mere mortal. (God it’s not like me to be so nice, I must be ill I am off to the docs)

The system made me that, haha…
You have a good sense of humor. :wink:

mingya, relax…lol you’re all jokes. i’m new to this. so chill…

Check out www.videohelp.com/dvd
6hours of video on a normal dvd (DVD5) would give ugly quality, most likely.

all the more reason to check otu the rules and become acquainted with a place before posting inappropriate things.

no one was mean or rude…you just need to follow the rules.

@DUGG: don’t mind the guys, they’re just playing with each other… :smiley:

We can help you with making recordings of TV shows for your own use :iagree:, just not the thing about copying rental DVDs :disagree:.

Most recording software will allow you to select the quality, and thus the amount of time used on the disc, but I have to say that 6 hours of video on a DVD will look pretty bad. Recordable DVD discs are so cheap that it’s really not worth trying to cram too much onto them.

I have used DVD Movie Factory 4 Disc Creator to record digital transmissions from a DVB-T capture card, and it works very well. You can do the recordings direct to disc if you want, rather than to the hard drive first. DVDMF4-DC has editing facilities to cut out adverts and stuff, and is an authoring app as well to burn the edited video to DVD.

If you’re wanting to record analogue TV, the you’ll need an analogue MPEG2 capture card (rather than the digital one) to convert the signals to digital first. As far as I know with these you have to record to hard drive, then burn to DVD later. DVDMF4-DC should also work well with these digitised recordings.