Help! I can't not read the files in cd

vbimport

Recently, I used my burner to read a data CD (which I haven't done for a long time). Under my Windows XP's my computer, I can correctly view the format of the CD and the size. However, when I tried to view the files in the CD by double click on the CD rom icon, nothing happened. I used the command window and I could view the files without any problam (dir). Is it caused by my driver or any security settings in Windows XP? Any solutions?

P.S. The autorun still works and I've tried to read file from the burner before with no problem. It's not a hardware error.

I actually had this exact same problem with an external scsi Yamaha 2100 cd writer…

When i contacted customer support – they had me turn off the computer and the writer – then disconnect and reconnect the scsi cable… This fixed my problem –

You might try it even if you have an internal unit.

Good Luck…

just a thought…go to the Roxio/Easy CD Creator site and download the UDF reader…it might help

strangely, my YAMAHA 2200EZ seems to come back to life. I didn’t do anything and it just recovered by itself.

XP has a UDF reader.

Originally posted by zqz
just a thought…go to the Roxio/Easy CD Creator site and download the UDF reader…it might help

Originally posted by johnnylien
strangely, my YAMAHA 2200EZ seems to come back to life. I didn’t do anything and it just recovered by itself.
Check the cables, it’s the most common cause of missing 'ROMs