Help, I can't get it to work

Hello All,

I’ve been making svcd and vcd’s for awhile using pinacle studio 8. I’ve got a minidv camera and I"ve been having fun with it. I bought the apex dvd drive at walyworld because it played those formats. My wife came home with a dvdr and some fujifilm dvd +r disks. I’v tried the program (sonic or mysonic) to make some dvd movies. It plays in my portable dvd player in the car and even in the xbox gaming system but I can’t get the apex dvd player to recognize it. This is what I have tried.

1. Used pinacle 8 to upload film
  2. edited film with 8 (titles, slo mo, etc…)
  3. Saved file as mpeg for dvd
  4. Used mysonic to make the dvd

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step?

Thanks,
craig

Well, I tried a different type of cd+r. I was using the fuji and I tried a memorex. It did not work for me. My brother in law brought over a home-made dvd of some video he had made in it was on a memorex dvd also. It played on my dvd player. This is very frustrating. Any ideas of things I can try?

Is it possible that the Apex dvd player will not read dvd’s made with the liteonit dvdrw? Are some players particular? I thought the apex player was the most forgiving. I’ve burned a few dvd’s with different software and still no luck getting them read by the apex. Three other dvd players play them fine but no luck with the apex. (including the xbox)

any thoughts?

Craig

Originally posted by psk560
[B]Is it possible that the Apex dvd player will not read dvd’s made with the liteonit dvdrw? Are some players particular? I thought the apex player was the most forgiving. I’ve burned a few dvd’s with different software and still no luck getting them read by the apex. Three other dvd players play them fine but no luck with the apex. (including the xbox)

any thoughts?

Craig [/B]

I have two Apex players. AD1110W which will play mp3’s, cd’s, original dvd’s, sometimes svcd’s, and sometimes mpegs just burned as data cd’s (go figure) and absolutely no burned dvd’s. I also have a AD 1225 which plays all my burned dvd’s perfectly (Fugi and Imation Ricoh’s), whether burned with Nero, Clone dvd, or TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Ahh, Thank you for the reply. Does how fast you burn the cd have anything to do with it? If you burned it at a slower speed would it work better? Just wondering.

Most of the test results I have seen show better results burned at max speeds for media, I always burn at max.
Which player do you own ?

I also have the apex AD 1110 w. I just can’t believe it won’t play the darn dvds. Really dissapointing. I thought it was a good player. It played everything I made before. Vcd’s, svcd’s, picture cd’s, etc… Oh well, back to the drawing board.

nmpaul,

My brother in law brought over a dvd + r (must have been mistaken on that one) made on a memorex dvd that played in my player. I’ll try and find out what writer made the dvd and what program. I saw my apex 1110 play a home made dvd so I know it can work. The question is, how can I make it work.

Took a stroll around the local Wally World today and saw a display for the Apex 1110 W. They now have nice card displays with all kinds of information about the players. Well, right there on the apex card was the Statement (Dvd-r compatible) Of course when I bought the liteon 411s on sale, I also bought a 100 pack of fuji film dvd +r. Had I done some research, I’d know that the + would not work. Ouch. Luckily, my wife wants another dvd player so you can be darn sure I find one that plays both the + and - media. Thanks to all for your help.

psk560

I too have also had mixed success with the ad-1110 when using dvd+r.

Here is what i used

4x memorex dvd+r (purple labeled ones) burned at 4x didnt use speed increases
sony dru-530a
assortment of programs
clonedvd2, anydvd, dvdfab, nero6, dvd cloner 2

hope that will help you although i still dont know why only the memorex will work superior media maybe.

You mentioned that you have a Lite-On DVD burner, if so then there is a popular possible solution. You might want to change the Bitsetting Booktype on the DVD+R discs to DVD-ROM. This will fool the Apex player into thinking that the DVD+R discs are actuall DVD-ROM discs and might just improve compatibility as every DVD player can play DVD-ROM.
The Bitsetting Utility can be downloaded from the Lite-On web site.

Information on this process can be found Here.

I would try using some different media. My Apex players will play everything I through at them