Help~how to reset EFI ~firmware. in mac

vbimport

help~how to reset EFI ~firmware. in mac

i forget EFI passed .MAC could not reset the system by holding option key when itsstarting,

only way to go to apple store to solve it???

Yes, only someone at an Apple store or Apple authorized service center can fix it. Give Apple’s support line a call if you don’t know where your nearest store/service center is. In the event you have to send the computer to Apple, they would let you know how to do that, too.

i `m curious how could them doooooo it

helllllllllo~~how to reset by myself? how? i dont think its the only way to give it to apple

I’ve put this over to my Apple guys and they say, “Sometimes this works: unplug power cord, remove RAM, plug in power cord, turn on Mac and it fails to start, but this might reset EFI.”

“It depends on the Mac, OS, everything, though. Best to look it up on the web as ‘RESET MAC EFI’ for your specific model.”

The thing is, the way Apple removes the password (allegedly) requires getting a hash (hash code) that is unique to your particular Mac machine, probably based off of serial number. The only way you can get this hash is if you are an Apple employee (or Apple certified tech) talking to another Apple employee.

Even if that’s not the case, then there is some specific method that in theory anyone can do, but in practice is limited to Apple employees/Apple certified techs who have the correct tools.

[QUOTE=Albert;2656328]The thing is, the way Apple removes the password (allegedly) requires getting a hash (hash code) that is unique to your particular Mac machine, probably based off of serial number. The only way you can get this hash is if you are an Apple employee (or Apple certified tech) talking to another Apple employee.

Even if that’s not the case, then there is some specific method that in theory anyone can do, but in practice is limited to Apple employees/Apple certified techs who have the correct tools.[/QUOTE]

it is easy to get the hash code by urself. (when u boot ur mac , hold the option key when the EFI passed interface appears , and some combination key will let the hash code come out )

my point is how to use it , use the hash code and use the tools. i `d like to
know the way to do it .