Help! How to add 8x writing to my TYG01

vbimport

Dears,

I have my Verbatim DVD-R (TYG01) which can be written in 8x speed. But my BenQ 1620Pro see it as 4x speed. I try to use MCSE to modify the firmware for TYG01 media code…still not success. I even double click the TYG01 and overwrite with TYG02.

Can anyone help me please? btw, I use the “B7U9-RPC1” version.

Thanks in advance.
:bow:

Burning 4x -R media at higher speeds does not work with B7U9. It works fine with B7T9.

OK, let me try again.

btw, can I patch the “B7T9 - rpc1” with MCSE? actually I still don’t know how to use it. I only want to add 8x in TYG01. When I highlight TYG01, select 8x and click SET button with no success. I need to double click TYG01 and replaced with TYG02…

Yes

actually I still don’t know how to use it. I only want to add 8x in TYG01. When I highlight TYG01, select 8x and click SET button with no success.
With the Benq firmwares you can only reduce the max speed with the speed checkboxes, because there are no write strategies defined for higher speeds. I will disable the higher speed checkboxes soon to remove this point of confusion.

I need to double click TYG01 and replaced with TYG02…
This will change the write strategy to the one used for TYG02 which allows higher burnspeeds. This kind of strategy swapping is the way to go to allow higher burnspeeds for benq firmwares.

oh, I understood.
all I can do is:

1. swap TYG01 with TYG02
  2. remove those highest speed

thanks

What more do you need ???