Help: How do I install this DVD Drive?

Liteon really threw me a curve ball. I open up my Liteon 5115 expecting to see a DVD burner drive with a IDE cable and I find a naked DVD burner w/o its case and a bunch of small cables?!

How do I install the new drive, do I need to take it apart?

Hi,

it seems as if the drive electronics is integrated into the mainboard of your unit. I don’t see any chance to replace the drive by a standard drive under these circumstances :frowning:

Michael

looks like a standalone’s drive usually does. but that one does not appear to match the connectors on the controller board. looks like it should have a small four pin power plug and a larger/more wire/flat cable female connector not a small flat cable. that drive looks more like a read only unit than a burner.

I assure you it is a burner, this is so frustrating. Liteon is very wasy to use. but I guess its not to be :frowning:

The drive in the picture is the downside view of the original burner.
I bought a Sony drive to replace it, but the hookup is weird.

[QUOTE=peggypwr1;1978263]The drive in the picture is the downside view of the original burner.
I bought a Sony drive to replace it, but the hookup is weird.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Drive is integrated onto the board so it looks like their is no way to replace the drive, on their other units the DVDRW drive is connected by a standard ide power cable and connector. Looks like their may not be any chance of replacing the drive in that unit unless your really good with electronics and can figure out the pinouts.