Help! HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L drive

vbimport

Hello all, hope anyone can please help my hopeless self. My problem is my dvd writer or cd writer, whichever, i dunno. I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L drive. I bought my computer in November, i didnt really start trying to burn things until after the return date was expired, so i was screwed, and now i have a $1000 computer on my hands which i cant return. I know im retarded, Anywho, my problem is i cannot burn any cd-r brand nor will it read any when i put it in the drive, i mean it really wont read it at all, i put the cdr in and it does nothing, no error message or anything and it cannot read computer games either. The thing is my dvd writer can burn and read dvd-rs. Am i making sense, hope so, hoping someone can please please try to maybe diagnose the problem.

Double- or tripleposting is not the way to solve problems…

First open up devicemanager, then uninstall the ide channels and restart.

thanks for some help but i reposted because i was new and thought i had posted my problem on the wrong thread.

ok peps i need some help here

We have problems with our LG driver HL-DT-ST- CD-RW

Our driver doesnt seem to want to read or even recognize any cds/dvd

We would like to know from someone who knows what theyre doing, where to go to get this to work.

A CD-RW never ever can recognizse DVDs!

aspoonandafork, sounds to me like one of your connections are loose, if your computer savvy try this:first unplug your power supply and take the case off and check cables at both ends, vibrations can loosen connections over time

I am facing exact same problem - PC bought in Nov 2006. Has a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L drive. Drive functions but doesn’t show anything when valid CD is put in. Tried updating drivers and un-install and reboot - no luck. Any suggestions?