Help Help Help Pc Crashing Dying Help

vbimport

Main problem began a couple of day’s ago, the computer would freeze and have to be hard - restarted. No messages, no nothing, would come back up normally.
Then began to, before the whole system froze, just explorer freezing and cursor disappearing, Task manager + other programs would still work for a few seconds- exiting explorer would make it disappear but it wouldn’t come back, then whole system would freeze. Hard restart.
Began freezing earlier- on log in screen, on ram check screen- stopped responding to on off button, sometimes won’t actually do anything when - after power turned off then on again, and start button pressed, lights will turn on but it won’t actually be loading the system.
Once I managed to get into Windows, I began a virus scan, then one BSOD - Kernel Stack Inpage Error 0x00000077
Next Time - at logon screen, BSD-A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. 0x000000f4

Now background- I have it plugged into a very good surge protect, plugged into stand alone grounded outlet, but it was left up - by a person other than myself- during a couple of hours when our entire grid went down. It was just a couple a days later that these problems started. The few times I have gotten on since, the hard drive is fine. No new peripherals or programs. I have a constant virus scan running (avast), constantly updated via always active Wireless internet. Also adaware.
But my motherboard, as I have lamented before is a piece of crap. Could it have gotten zapped somehow and now be spiraling away?

Please, I beseech you, my computer is part of my livelihood!

Keep in mind I cannot reliably get it on, so I cannot run any diagnostics!

THANKS GUYS!

If you have windows XP load the disc and boot from it, use the repair option.
It maybe that an important OS file has been corrupted.
Failing that if the HDD was writing at the time of the powercut several sectors may be corrupted. Try using disc scan to repair, if that doesn’t work or you can’t do it in windows come back to us and we will explore other options.

I cannot do a repair install - it skips the repair/fresh install step and goes straight to the partition step.
I tried bootcfg rebuild and it didn’t work. I can get into windows occasionally now, but only have about five minutes before it freezes, and then I have to kill its power and toggle it off and on before it will start up again.
I’m going to use one of the five minutes I manage to get to backup my doc and settings folder and then, should I try a fresh install, or will that now fix anything?

Ask a friend to make a bootcd with memtest86+
//Danne

[QUOTE=LaraPhoenix;2014341]Main problem began a couple of day’s ago, the computer would freeze and have to be hard - restarted. No messages, no nothing, would come back up normally.
Then began to, before the whole system froze, just explorer freezing and cursor disappearing, Task manager + other programs would still work for a few seconds- exiting explorer would make it disappear but it wouldn’t come back, then whole system would freeze. Hard restart.
Began freezing earlier- on log in screen, on ram check screen- stopped responding to on off button, sometimes won’t actually do anything when - after power turned off then on again, and start button pressed, lights will turn on but it won’t actually be loading the system.
Once I managed to get into Windows, I began a virus scan, then one BSOD - Kernel Stack Inpage Error 0x00000077
Next Time - at logon screen, BSD-A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. 0x000000f4

Now background- I have it plugged into a very good surge protect, plugged into stand alone grounded outlet, but it was left up - by a person other than myself- during a couple of hours when our entire grid went down. It was just a couple a days later that these problems started. The few times I have gotten on since, the hard drive is fine. No new peripherals or programs. I have a constant virus scan running (avast), constantly updated via always active Wireless internet. Also adaware.
But my motherboard, as I have lamented before is a piece of crap. Could it have gotten zapped somehow and now be spiraling away?

Please, I beseech you, my computer is part of my livelihood!

Keep in mind I cannot reliably get it on, so I cannot run any diagnostics!

THANKS GUYS![/QUOTE]

Besides what your problem you having what kinda system do you have? Can you tell us the computer specs? That might be a good start…what your telling us good but without knowing what kinda computer you have we won’t be able to know what to tell you much beyond what your saying.

Got it fixed- it just took my windows cd and a LOT of patience.
it was the hard drive.
Chkdsk seems to have fixed it- the reason I didn’t think it was this was that chkdsk kept hanging while just scanning, not repairing.
So I finally got it to do one successful scan, reporting a few errors. Then I ran it in repair mode and it kept hanging - first time, before it got 10% done, the next hundred times, before I could even get to the recovery console. That’s when I posted last.
Then I left the darn thing switched completely off for three hours.
Then, after that, I finally got it in to the recovery console again and immediately got it started on the repair scan. Now -explain this part to me. It would make it to 50%, seem to hang - but by then I was just too darn fed up to kill it- then slowly- and I mean ten minutes to a percent- it would creep up. It reached 75, then looped back to fifty, took its own dang time creeping back up, reaching 98%- then it looped again! One more climb, one more loop - then it finally reached 100% and everything’s up. After a chkdsk runtime of only something like 12 hours.

Thanks for your attention! If you still want my specs, it finally managed to get them listed.

I would suggest that you get a new HDD and a UPS or uninterupted power supply. If your HDD has many bad sectors then the reliability will be very poor in the future.