Help!~~~Forgot password to .rar compression

vbimport

Hi guys…ive compressed some files of a prog im working for school with winRAR…and i have forgotton the password…is there a way i can access the files…please im desperate…do i require hacks or anything…i need to access the files urgently

If you have used WinRar then try.

http://www.rarpasswordcracker.com/

Havn’t had to use it yet. If this fails then try searching on google for a WinRar passsword cracker.

the only way to recover the password now is to use a brute force or wordlist attack on the file using a program such as the one previously suggested. another program u can try using is Advanced RAR Password Recovery. however, be warned that either of these methods (and any other brute force methods) will require a lot of time if the password is long and is not a common word, and i mean A LOT of time. the required length of time increases exponentially with every additional random variable it must consider.

Yea, and if its too long it may even take a time period of months. I wrote one of these quirky brute force progs in my algorithms class back in school, and as a lesson to us we experimented on this exponential tike increase as the size of the original problem increased and it wasn’t pretty… :wink: