HELP FOR SOME CDRW TDK 10X/8x/4x Certificate DISK

vbimport

I BEG MY PARDON TO ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR THIS...
I KNOW THIS IS THE LITE-ON FORUM BUT I THOUGHT THAT I CAN EVEN ASK IF SOMEONE HAD SOME PROBLEM TO USE THE CDRW TDK 10X/8X/4X CERT. DISKS IN A WAITEC 8X4X32X CD-R UNIT (SAME AS PHILIPS OR TRAXDATA).

COULD ANYONE HELP ME OR TOLD ME WHERE TO GO TO ASK FOR THIS...

THEY SEEMS TO WORK OK IN MY 24102B BUT NOT IN MY WAITEC SHUTTLE?! HAVE SOME IDEA?

ANYWAY SORRY FOR THIS SHITTY PROBLEM BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN DO SOMETHING TO MY OLD CD-R OR NOT...

IS THERE AT SOME PLACE A FORUM FOR PHILIPS OR WAITEC ?
WHERE COULD I FIND IT?

:confused:

First: please turn off caps lock.

This is a highspeed CD-RW disc and can only be used with writers that support higspeed CD-RW. Which means 8X and faster CD-RW writing is required.

Your waitec do not support Highspeed CD-RW (only 4X) and will then only work with 4X(the disc MUST NOT support higher speeds, only 4X MAX) and slower CD-RW discs.

That’s why it do not work.

My shuttle says that the media must be write at 2X speed but it never begin to write it!
Should i request for some new firmware?
:bow:

as said: shuttle + High speed CD-RW = will not work!!!

Use LOW speed CD-RW discs for the shuttle.

This is a highspeed CD-RW disc and can only be used with writers that support higspeed CD-RW. Which means 8X and faster CD-RW writing is required

This is not completely correct. Both Mitsumi 4805 and Pioneer DVR-A04 only support 4x cd rewriting, but can also handle Highspeed CD-RW. But they’re the only ones I know of.

IT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM OF ATIP COMMANDS AS ONE OF MY FRIENDS TOLD ME…:o
THIS TIME I’M GONNA ASK FOR A FIRMWARE UPDATE!:Z
FIRST OF ALL TO WAITEC DEALERS AND THEN TO PHILIPS!:a

ANYWAY THANK YOU GUY FOR ALL THAT YOU DID!:slight_smile:
:bow