Help for a dull person

Hi, ive had a DVDR 3305/05 for about a month now and the machine has been superb. No complaints what so ever. The thing that confuses me is this.. not easy to explain, but ill try… Scenario: say for exampe i record 3 things off T.V… all 1 hour in length. At the disc menu i have 3 index pictures (top, middle, bottom) (still with me?). I watch the first program, i delete it. I watch the third program, i delete it. Now i`m left with 1 program on disc… (the middle index with empty titles above and below)… now, with only one 1 hour program left on disc, i should have at least another 3 hours worth of space left on disc assuming i record in 4 hour mode. But, if i set the timer to record further programes it tells me to insert another disc as there is not enough space… i realise that this is because i have a program sat right in the middle of the disc, but is there any way around this? Am i right in thinking you can only manually overwrite a programe rather that timer recording?? Hope someone makes sense of the above. Cheers…

Are you recording on +R or +RW, and in your scenario, how long is the proposed new recording?

Have you tried selecting the lower free title space before setting the timer recording up? Otherwise the default may be to the topmost free title where there’s only one hour free.

thanks for reply. I`m using +RW (Verbatim-- excellent discs)… i think i know where you are coming from, will experiment again later…