Help finding a CD Burner-Writer with a separate Volume Control

vbimport

Hi Folks. It’s been awhile since I have been on here. Maybe you can suggest a CD Burner for mainly MP3’s.
I used to burn my CD’s to the “Acoustica MP3 CD Burner.” However, it will no longer work on Windows 10 and they have no plans to upgrade it.

It was so easy to use and even though like many Burners, it had “Normalization” which never seemed to work too well with different MP3’s.
It also had a stand alone “Volume Control” that if you had a song or songs recorded low, you could increase the volume to get it pretty close to the other songs you were going to “Burn” to a CD. It also had a “Fader”,“Trimmer” and “Bass Boost”.
Does anyone know if there are any Burners out there that will let you set the Volume to a single song or songs prior to burning it?
Thanks, ptfitzy

I don’t have an alternative for you ptfitzy, but have you tried changing the compatibility settings for the program in Windows 10?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2768765]I don’t have an alternative for you ptfitzy, but have you tried changing the compatibility settings for the program in Windows 10?[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry, but I’m a little confused. Do I leave it where I originally posted it on CD, DVD Blu Ray Writers or place it on the General Info site.

When you say change compatibility settings for the program in Windows 10, how would I do that?
Thanks

This question is really about software, not hardware, so I will move it for you to the Burning Software forum. I’ll leave a redirect here in the place you originally put it.

To change compatibility settings you’d have to install the program into Windows 10 first. I know some programs will not allow you to do even this much, but I do not know if that is true with Acoustica MP3 CD Burner.

If you can install it, right click on the icon for it, or the executable file for it and click on Troubleshoot Compatibility. You should be offered a couple of choices, so select Try Recommended Settings.

Thanks a lot. I’ll try that. Also, can you delete the posts I put in the Newbie and CD, DVD, Blu Ray Forums? I’ll keep an eye out on the Software Forum.

I’ll just close the one in the Newbies. The other is just a redirect to this post in the Burning Software forum. Good luck.

Thanks so much for your help.
ptfitzy

Hi ptfitzy;
I saw the title to your post in the the Newbie section “Help finding a CD Burner-Writer with a separate Volume Control” and I thought to myself What? there is no such thing. After I came over here I found out that your software program, Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, would not run on windows 10. I went to their website and it plainly states: Not compatible with Windows 8 or Windows 10. So that’s it as far as that program is concerned. I would suggest that you might wish to try one of the many free programs such as Exact Audio Copy, google it. It has volume normalization.
Cheers,
BlackWolf

Thanks a lot for that help.
Phil

I have another question. I haven’t had much luck with Normallization. Maybe I’m setting it too high or low. If you have used it, what do you set your numbers at?
Thanks, Phil