HELP explorer.exe keeps closing down! ANNOYING!

vbimport

HELP HELP HELP!!!

explorer.exe keeps closing down everytime I try to D/L a movie or if I access my films folder on the D:\ (I have two h/d’s, films folder is on a h/d acting as a storage device). I have tried virus scanning my system with the latest Virus Definations and malware removal program I found elsewhere on this forum but still keeps happening. Please help!!! if you need anymore info ask me.

[QUOTE=swylie;2004233]HELP HELP HELP!!!

explorer.exe keeps closing down everytime I try to D/L a movie or if I access my films folder on the D:\ (I have two h/d’s, films folder is on a h/d acting as a storage device). I have tried virus scanning my system with the latest Virus Definations and malware removal program I found elsewhere on this forum but still keeps happening. Please help!!! if you need anymore info ask me.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to look on the M$ site for help on fixing your explorer problem?? Are you sure your not referring to IE functions?? What O/S are you using and is it patched updated? Explorer closing is a sign of needed updates or corrupted M$ system files. When did this start doing this ???

yes I have tried cant seem to find the right solution to the problem. its not IE because that doesnt close down when windows explorer closes down well am sure its not the IE. It started when I downloaded a movie opened the zip file but I have managed to to move this file to another location but its still happens. I am using Windows Vista 32-bit fully updated (using windows update).

[QUOTE=swylie;2004792]yes I have tried cant seem to find the right solution to the problem. its not IE because that doesnt close down when windows explorer closes down well am sure its not the IE. It started when I downloaded a movie opened the zip file but I have managed to to move this file to another location but its still happens. I am using Windows Vista 32-bit fully updated (using windows update).[/QUOTE]

I am not familiar with Vista as I only am using XP pro. But if your last resort will have to be to reinstall the O/S to fix the explorer problem. If you have the recovery cd/dvd from manufacture that is one way to remove the problem your having with explorer.

Most likely one of your movie files is corrupt (if it only happens when you are browsing that particular folder). This problem can also occur if you are using the thumbnail view in explorer.

Similar issues:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=278829&messageID=2673163#

[quote=Dogg;2005480]Most likely one of your movie files is corrupt (if it only happens when you are browsing that particular folder). This problem can also occur if you are using the thumbnail view in explorer.

Similar issues:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=278829&messageID=2673163#

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/671097-solved-internet-explorer-other-windows.html[/quote]

AAAAHHHHHH its getting worst it now happens every so often, mostly when I try to access my computer or control pannel. I will have a look at those links see what I can find. thanks for them.

Could anyone explain how I go about checking each file to see whats corrupted and whats not. Ive have a look about and thats cropped up a few times but am unsure how to go about it. Sorry to be a pain in the ass I do appreciate any help given. Am not as clued up about computers as I thought I was everyday is a learning day eh :smiley:

P.S If I post a copy to the hijackthis document would that help in anyway?

[QUOTE=swylie;2005710]Could anyone explain how I go about checking each file to see whats corrupted and whats not. Ive have a look about and thats cropped up a few times but am unsure how to go about it. Sorry to be a pain in the ass I do appreciate any help given. Am not as clued up about computers as I thought I was everyday is a learning day eh :smiley:

P.S If I post a copy to the hijackthis document would that help in anyway?[/QUOTE]

The corrupt files sometimes comes up on error report that windows does and sometime the file doing the corrupting will cause the problem in the running program. So its a hard diagonsis to find the problem. What kinda computer do you have is it home built or Store or Online bought that came preconfigured?? If the later you should have the recover cd/dvd and best left to do a complete recovery and reinstallation of your O/S to fix the corrupted file.