Help error writing to DVD+R DL disc's

vbimport

Hi
Sorry about that first post, i clicked to post and i was not logged in.

I have just bought a NEC DVD-RW ND-3500AG drive and i am tring to get it to burn duel layer disc.s, (Traxdata DVD+R DL 8.5gb), but i keep getting the following error,

( One or more files failed to copy correctly
The copy may have been canceled or there may not be enough free space to complete the copy.
Free space available is 7.96 GB.)

the funny thing is that it will burn to a 4.7gb disc ok, very fast and quiet.

I am using Roxio Media Creator 7 which i have updated with the latest update v4.3.0 so it will burn duel layer disc’s.

I am pretty good at the computers/burning lark, but this has got me stumped, “and my heads done in”.

(((I’m running WinXP Pro-SP2 on a AMD Athlon 3000+, 512mb DDR 400 RAM. I have two 120gb H/D’s on IDE-1 "master&slave, and two DVD-RW drives on IDE-2 “master&slave”.
I installed the new NEC DVD-RW ND-3500AG drive as “master” on IDE-2.)))

everthing ok but for the above problem.

I hope someone can help me fix this problem.

see ya
Mac-1

Earlier versions of NEC firmware don’t support RITEK D01 media. You will need to upgrade your drives firmware to either the latest official NEC release (2.18) or Mad Dog release (2.FA) if you want auto-bitsetting.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Hi again
((terminalveload wrote
Earlier versions of NEC firmware don’t support RITEK D01 media. You will need to upgrade your drives firmware to either the latest official NEC release (2.18) or Mad Dog release (2.FA) if you want auto-bitsetting.))

I have some questions for you,

1: why do i have to do this when it’s a new drive.

2: which is the best way to do this, “upgrade your drives firmware”

3: which is the easiest way to do the above. “as i have never done that before”

4: what is “auto-bitsetting” and how do i get it.

5: where is the best place to get the firmware. " stupid question, i bet you say cd-freaks"

the DVD-RW Duel Layer drive is a “NEC DVD-RW ND-3500AG”

i am a bit scarred to do this as i never done that before and i don’t want to wreak my new drive.

so your help is very much appreciated
Mac-1

hi again
Just to say that i have managed to get my duel layer dvd-rw drive working, after reading other posts and with “terminalveload” advice i decided to dive in. i went to the NEC website and downloaded the NEC ND-3500A/G firmware update v2.18. To install, it’s just a matter of starting the program and following on-screen instructions.

I have just copied 7.50gb of data onto a disc with no problems.

ps: a lot different from the days of flashing in dos or from a floppy

thanks to terminalveload for the advice.

see ya
Mac-1