Help END DMCA: a quick anonymous survey

PLEASE BE HONEST
I’m posting this at a few torrent and video sites. Please fill this out if you get the chance. Once I get enough results I’m passing it off to both the {removed for privacy} chapter of the ACLU and the local PDA. Also pass it around. If I get alot of responses I’ll forward the results to Sen. Obama who’s already talked about changing the DMCA on two of his recent “youth discussions”. Who knows; we may get some coverage on the matter! Never hurts to try. Besides; it’s only 4 short pages.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gwHSRr0eKO4zlZDsdwqwhA_3d_3d

Being a Lifetime Supporter has it’s advantages; I intend to bring it in to the ACLU office in person.
As for Senator Obama; considering that DMCA reform is one of his (admittedly minor) campaign notes… who knows. It was brought up by students in Iowa twice; and both times he expressed an interest in pursuing changes that would “equalize corporate protections with the consumer’s need in today’s digital society.” He’s also supported the last 3 bills that would do just that. Corporate Republicans shut them down before. With the more consumer-friendly congress now in place; it’s at least worth a try.

I have the opportunity to put this into peoples hands; however small it may be, it can still help.
If you think you you can do better PLEASE DO. Post a link and I’ll fill out yours too. The more the better! (Once you are done; pass it on to me and I’ll send yours in too)

(An aside: The New York Times will post {almost} any submitted survey with 100K or more results; good free coverage)

I don’t get the survey questions. Just how will this enforce the opinion of the public to the local senators when you publish the average os, programs and payment detilas to them?

Privacy policy of surveymonkey.com:

Information Use
SurveyMonkey.com reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics. We do this in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the website.

SurveyMonkey.com collects IP addresses for system administration and record keeping. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the World Wide Web. Our servers record incoming IP addresses. The IP addresses are analyzed only in aggregate; no connection is made between you and your computer’s IP address. By tracking IP addresses, we can determine which sites refer the most people to SurveyMonkey.com. (Think of an IP address like your zip code; it tells us in general terms where you’re from.)

Don’t over analyse it. :wink:
Page 1 is generally asked in most computer-related surveys, it gives a general background, page 2 and 3 are a general open background on overall media, page 4 is about DRM.
Just remember that these never are handed out as raw data alone; a polished presentation is the primary package with the raw data dump at the end as an appendix.

Then i would really like to see your polished presentation because i wonder if you are using the raw data correctly.