HELP! DVD-ROM not working!

vbimport

recently i bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and nothing is happening when i insert the disk into the drive. All i hear is some noises, like the disk is trying to be read.
I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 216 ATA device (from device manager). What is really unusual is i can insert other DVD ROMS like Team fortress 2 and Dragon age which work fine so i know my hardware isnt broken.
PLZ help…ive had this problem for a few days now. Oh and the game works on two other computer (laptop and desktop) so i dont think the game disk is corrupted.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If this happen only with that specific disc, the most probable cause is that the disc is damaged (scratched or dirty maybe?)

If the disc is not recognized in other drives (ask a friend to do a test if you have only a single drive), then the disc is definitely the cause.

You can ask for a substitution of the damaged disc to the store :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2506539]Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If this happen only with that specific disc, the most probable cause is that the disc is damaged (scratched or dirty maybe?)

If the disc is not recognized in other drives (ask a friend to do a test if you have only a single drive), then the disc is definitely the cause.

You can ask for a substitution of the damaged disc to the store :)[/QUOTE]

Like i said in the first post, the game initialises in two computers at my home…but not mine. So the other two computers actually detect the disk. My computer simply states “please insert disk into drive I” when i click on the drive. Again, my computer can detect other DVD-ROMS like team fortress 2

A possibility is that your computer needs some cleanings. If there is some dust on optical pickup, the drive cannot recognize discs correctly.

Try to clean the drive and see if this solve :slight_smile: