Help! DVD+R Disc wont burn files

I need help with my Burner. I switched from Vista to Xp when i got my pc it took a while before i did but when i did i made sure backed up my files on a disc. I did and worked fine. Now i running out of room and need to clear stuff without deleting. so im putting them on a disc, but when i do so i get an error message saying “Error copying what do you want windows to do?” i hit retry and it says the same thing. I tried multi disk and still all the same. I think the problem is The burner i think i need the driver for it. it worked fine like i said on vista put on xp no. I have an E4machines T3616. If anyone can help that will b great!:iagree:

If you are trying to put files on a DVD with Windows Explorer, it wont work. XP doesnt have its own DVD Burning App. You need Nero, or Imagburn, etc.

If you are just trying to copy from the hard drive straight to the blank dvd, you will need a third party burning program in XP. Vista is capable of burning straight to a dvd, but XP can only burn straight to a cd, not to dvds.

There are free burning programs available that can work for you. I use ImgBurn for all my burning needs these days. www.imgburn.com

Once you have it installed, open the program and click on Write Files/Folders to Disc.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2280265]If you are just trying to copy from the hard drive straight to the blank dvd, you will need a third party burning program in XP. Vista is capable of burning straight to a dvd, but XP can only burn straight to a cd, not to dvds.

There are free burning programs available that can work for you. I use ImgBurn for all my burning needs these days. www.imgburn.com

Once you have it installed, open the program and click on Write Files/Folders to Disc.[/QUOTE]

Didnt I already said that in the above post?

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2280347]Didnt I already said that in the above post?[/QUOTE]Sometimes it’s better to repeat a message :smiley:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2280372]Sometimes it’s better to repeat a message :D[/QUOTE]

Good idea!