Help! DVD Fab just stopped working!

vbimport

I have use DVD fab gold for over a year without any problems. It worked fine yesterday and then just stopped. It will burn movie to my hard drive but will not write the file to a DVD. I have not changed anything–still use the same brand DVD’s (mostly Sony DVD-R, but it isn’t working with other brands either). This is a new computer (months old) HP Pavillion Media Center that has Windows Vista. An HP tech just told me to uninstall-reinstall the CD/DVD rom drive–I did that but still no luck. What are some causes that would make it just stop writing the info to blank DVD’s after working perfectly well? Thanks in advance, I am desparate!!!

[QUOTE=pixiefromdixie;2076205]I have use DVD fab gold for over a year without any problems. It worked fine yesterday and then just stopped. It will burn movie to my hard drive but will not write the file to a DVD. I have not changed anything–still use the same brand DVD’s (mostly Sony DVD-R, but it isn’t working with other brands either). This is a new computer (months old) HP Pavillion Media Center that has Windows Vista. An HP tech just told me to uninstall-reinstall the CD/DVD rom drive–I did that but still no luck. What are some causes that would make it just stop writing the info to blank DVD’s after working perfectly well? Thanks in advance, I am desparate!!![/QUOTE]

Does the burner itself still or windows sees the drive itself? Did you get any errors messages? Did you try to clean the laster lens? Also if you used the burning feature alot you could in theory wear out the burner itself. It took me 1 yr 2 month past warranty constant burning to wear my burner out. Also did you make sure your media is of good quality and just cause it says Sony don’t mean same company produced the media. You said you used it for a year and then you said your computer was months old which one are you referring to having he problem? What version of Dvdfab do you have? Have you updated the burner firmware?

It sounds like the HP tech was on the right track.

Is the burner being recognised by the operating system correctly?

Delete the burner from the system and then reboot and it should reinstall correctly.

There could be many causes including a bad drive. Try it on another DVDRW drive, maybe use the program as a trial, on another computers drive to see if thats your problem. Its not the program because if it was we would have many more threads on this subject. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, make sure you have your liscense backed up.

Do you have your[B] target[/B] set to your [B]dvd[/B] drive and [B]not [/B]the hdd. Edit: dvdfab source and target. Make sure the target is your dvd drive and not your hdd.