Help dvd burner

i hd a dvd burner put in cause my comp wouldnt recignize the old one well i am still having the same problem! has power can put a disk in green light comes on thats it> the only drives i can find are the drive a (hard disk) then drive c wichlooks like the hard drive> any ideas?

Is the CD/DVD drive recognized by the BIOS during bootup?

Goto Control Panel / System / Hardware tab / Device Manager and look in the DVD/CD-ROM drives section…are there any drives listed there? If there is, does it have a yellow ! next to it?

If no drive is listed, the drive is improperly connected, or there is a hardware problem with the motherboard, cable, or the drive itself.

[QUOTE=frankielove1030;2216182]i hd a dvd burner put in cause my comp wouldnt recignize the old one well i am still having the same problem! has power can put a disk in green light comes on thats it> the only drives i can find are the drive a (hard disk) then drive c wichlooks like the hard drive> any ideas?[/QUOTE]

First what are your computer specs and how did you hook up the drives?? That would be a start to know where to start looking??

The Hard drive is the C drive so what do you mean drive C looks like the hard drive,