1. Name/title of the CD you are trying to backup
MVP Baseball 2004 (and NHL 2004, but I haven't tried hard to rip it, only MVP Baseball) They both use v.2.90.040
2. Name of the Backup application and its version
Alcohol 120% with the help of Alcoholer 3.2
3. Operating System and Service Pack number
XP sans service pack
4. Is DMA enabled
Pretty sure it is.
5. RAID configuration
6. IDE Adaptors used
I have two channels, I don't think I have any adapters
7. IDE #0 and #1 master/slave configuration
same for both:
Device Type: Auto Detection
Transfer Mode: DMA if available
0: current transfer mode: Ultra DMA Mode 5
1: current transfer mode: Not Applicable
8. Brand, model and Firmware Revision of optical devices (your â€˜ROMs and burners)
_NEC NR-7900A - 5.1.2535.0
LITEON DVD-ROM LTD 163 - 5.1.2535.0
Can't dump with either of them.
9. USB and FireWire devices
10. SCSI devices
D344PRT SCSI Controller
XMASSCSI SCSI Controller
11. Adaptec ASPI version (this doesnâ€™t mean you have to install it!)
I installed it to use a PlayStation (1) emulator. I forgot what version.
12. List your other burning apps and their version
Nero 184.108.40.206 Enterprise Edition
the following aren't exactly burning aps, but whatever:
DAEMON Tools 3.44
EAC (Exact Audio Copy) 0.9 Beta 4
13. What is the exact nature of the problem â€“ BSOD, reboot, backup doesnâ€™t work, failed to burn, canâ€™t image, needs emulation, canâ€™t find a drive/not recognised, slow reading/writing, program hangs/freezes
I get a bunch of error bad sector. I can't dump it. I tried as an MDS and as an ISO. (also tried with CloneCD, but using the actual CloneCD software).
14. Have you tried different media?
Nope, since I can't even get a copy.
15. What does the manufacturer recommend?
I want to update Alcoholer to 4.1, to see if that works, but the download just stops. It's a problem with my ISP.
Any help is much appreciated.