Help, dont know how to back up die hard, and hooligans

vbimport

hi, im new to backing up cds, ive got clone cd 4. anyway i tried backing up Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, i followed the easy steps, clicked it as a game. i tested the clone out, it installed the game as normal, but when i click to play it nothing happens. It only works when i put my original cd in, im not great with this sort of thing but i followed the instructions to a 'T'. i even done it from making the image, the same thing happened. if anyone knows what to do help will be greatly apreciated :slight_smile:

ive also got Hooligans: storm over Europe, that stops burning at 80% and fails, i have no ideas, thanks a lot in advance if you can help in any way. :cool:

What type of cdrw do you have? Operating system? etc.

Originally posted by Lost
[B]hi, im new to backing up cds, ive got clone cd 4. anyway i tried backing up Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, i followed the easy steps, clicked it as a game. i tested the clone out, it installed the game as normal, but when i click to play it nothing happens. It only works when i put my original cd in, im not great with this sort of thing but i followed the instructions to a ‘T’. i even done it from making the image, the same thing happened. if anyone knows what to do help will be greatly apreciated :slight_smile:

ive also got Hooligans: storm over Europe, that stops burning at 80% and fails, i have no ideas, thanks a lot in advance if you can help in any way. :cool: [/B]
Are you “Lost” even after reading this & this? How you ever gonna be a Super Hero Administrator in this Forum one day with a nick like yours, eh?

If it’s just “Hooligans: storm over Europe” failing then the image is no good as the file intructions (.ccd & .sub) are unable to get the burner to perform what it’s supposed to. If your reader/writer can’t do subs…no good fortune today :wink:

yeah, sorry i’ve got a TDK Cyclone, im not sure if it makes a difference but its 24x write, burn-proof, it was the best writer when i got it not long ago. after reading what i understand of the FAQ links (thanks) i see my writer isn’t compatible on one of the columns, but most listed arent. that may be it. i backed up aliens vs predator 2 and that worked, so it may just be some games then, thanks for the help, im not too bothered though i suppose, i try to take better care of my cds now :cool:

oh, and soon i will be a much loved ‘‘Super Hero Administrator’’ :bow: , well dreams count dont they…

If you could copy A v P 2, you should be able to copy die hard. Don’t know about hooligans.

Hooligans uses SafeDisc v2.51.021, no-go with the TDK Cyclone. I don’t know how it performs with AWS though…