[help] do TYG03 16x exist?

I bought a brand of verbatim dvd-R that are said to be writing at 16x. manufact ID tyg003, three codes present in the inner, peach-smelling :slight_smile: :iagree:

my liteon shw-1653s can’t even begin a burning (Nero, for example, says “illegal disc”).

firmware version is cs02…after upgrading to cs0T…same results!

:bow: Help please

thx

Verbatim 16X DVD-R is TYG03, that’s for sure. But TYG003?

all my panny TYG03s smell of peach :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi johntrevor, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Your LiteOn 1653 is an older drive and it most likely doesn’t have very good support for this newer DVD-R media. These older LiteOn drives are also in general not as good at burning DVD-R as they are at burning DVD+R.

I suggest either getting some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD+R media for your drive, or getting a new drive (which will have better support for this media).

My old NEC 3520 (December 2004?) burns TYG03 quite well. Maybe Verbatim TY aren’t as good as Panasonic TY. I have a 50 pack of Verbatim branded TY CD-R and every third CD-R shows C2 errors so they may be “Value” TY.

The Verbatim TYG03 definitely isn’t as good as the Panasonic TYG03 IMO.

As for Verb TY CDRs, mine aren’t “value” at all, they’re very good.

I have only a watershield TYG03 handy so i tried it in the external 1653 i have. Wouldn’t burn faster than 8x but i don’t burn much faster anyway. I rarely have problems with discs and the only thing i suspect strongly i very high PIE avg and these discs seem fine with my 1653. I suspect a little multitasking caused the drop in disc creation :slight_smile:

Both from SVP? I ask because I’m going to put an order in as the Panny’s have gone from APR.

The Pannys are from SVP, but the Verbs I got in either PC World or Staples, can’t remember which :slight_smile:

The gold tops? If so, time to stock up to avoid disappointment.

The Pannys? Yep, gold tops :iagree:

Some scans and info about your Pannys please :bow:

Those will have to wait, my scanning drive is in another PC. But when I do them, I’ll start a new thread, to avoid taking this one any further OT than it already is. :slight_smile: