Help Deciding on Three Drives

I need help in deciding on what drive to purchase, I am considering the these three:

Samsung SH-S202n
Pioneer DVR-112D
Lite-On DH-20A4P

I do as many just as many CD-R as I do DVD+R burns. Would like to have quality scanning, but I have three Benq’s to do that so not a necessity.

I would like to have IDE or PATA, just returned a Samsung 203B because of the difficulity to get the IDE SATA to work with my mother board and a PCI Controller Card.

It does not have too be one of these three if another possibility is better.

Thanks for any help in choosing a new drive.

LG H42N is worth consideration.

Samsung drives are excellent cd burner, Lite On is the only decent scanning option of drives currently made.

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;1933731]Samsung drives are excellent cd burner, Lite On is the only decent scanning option of drives currently made.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Only if you don’t want to scan CDR’s or D/L media with jitter. :doh:
So that leaves S/L media only. :eek:

[QUOTE=geekrule;1933665]LG H42N is worth consideration.[/QUOTE]

I’d agree with that. :iagree:

It’s a shame about the SATA thing, or I’d have recommended adding an LG H62N to the list as it’s a very nice drive.

Thanks so much for the heads up on the LG GSA-H42N, after reading the 30 pages on the LG section, looks like a great DVD Burner, but the CD-R portion having the problems above 16X and the ripping not able to get above 4.XX, I will keep an eye on that one, maybe a firmware upgrade will get it up to speed.:iagree:

[QUOTE=zebadee;1933733]Hi :slight_smile:
Only if you don’t want to scan CDR’s or D/L media with jitter. :doh:
So that leaves S/L media only. :eek:[/QUOTE]
You saying anything made can do better? BenQs and true Plextors are a thing of the past by all accounts, of course he already has 3 BenQs. As far as current scanners Litey is the only real option, no other drives made have any jitter scanning to my knowledge.