Help copying Theory Test CD

vbimport

hi i need help i am wanting to make a copy of the dsa theory test and i have came along loads of problems i have been told it will need to be encrytped and shrunk but when i have tried to encrypt it, it says it cannot find the video ts. want some help with like a step by step to make a copy of the dsa theory

have you tried a copy protection scanner to see what kind of protection is on it (knowing the type of copy protection used will help advising the right program for the job)?
What kind of software are you using to make the backup (not all software is equally good)?
What type of drive are you using (some copy protections cannot be handled by certain drives)

A bit more info would be helpful…

@bramley05 - welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve removed your additional posts on this subject from threads in the Copy Protection forum, as cross-posting is against our forum rules.

Please can we keep the discussion to one thread, it makes it easier for those trying to help.

i have tried xray and it couldnt find the protection and i have tried dvd decrypter and says it cant find the video_ts how do i fix that al do u no any good software thanks

I´ve always had success with such training DVDs by using AnyDVD (to deal with protection) and CloneCD.

I don´t know why but CloneCD usually worked better than CloneDVD2.

There is a free trial available at the website http://www.slysoft.com/en/

ive tried them but dont seem to be able to get them to work all it keeps saying is it cant find the video ts, is there any chance u can tell me how u would do it step by step

If you open this DVD disc in Windows Explorer is the Video_TS there ?

no it is not the only thing it will find is wmv files any good programs to convert it?

[QUOTE=bramley05;2515042]no it is not the only thing it will find is wmv files any good programs to convert it?[/QUOTE]

It’s not a video DVD then.

Sounds like a normal data disc to me in which case any of the many burning programs available should be able to copy this for you.

If you haven’t any burning software installed ImgBurn is free and highly recommended.

[B]Wombler[/B]

thanks mate will give it ago im new to all this its when i comes to shrink it it says cant find video_ts

that dont seem to work either any other ideas everything i do dont seem to work

You’ll only find a video_ts folder on a proper DVD Video disc.

WMVs are computer video files that are stored on DVD data discs.

You don’t need to compress them to copy the disc.

You can even copy the files directly to your hard drive in Windows Explorer and either watch them from there or burn them to another blank DVD.

In ImgBurn all you do is insert your original disc, select ‘Create image file from disc’.

Then put in a blank disc and select ‘Write image file to disc’.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2515089]You’ll only find a video_ts folder on a proper DVD Video disc.

WMVs are computer video files that are stored on DVD data discs.

You don’t need to compress them to copy the disc.

You can even copy the files directly to your hard drive in Windows Explorer and either watch them from there or burn them to another blank DVD.

In ImgBurn all you do is insert your original disc, select ‘Create image file from disc’.

Then put in a blank disc and select ‘Write image file to disc’.

HTH. [B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
That will create an.iso with ImgBurn . I haven’t tried to ‘Write image file to disc’ with .wmv files in the .iso .Maybe Wombler can post if this will create a DVD compliant format .If you are going to play this in a standalone you will need to convert the .wmv to a DVD compliant format.
I’m leaving out other formats some standalones will also play.
AFAIK standalones won’t play .wmv files. If you are only going to play this on a computer .wmv should be fine.

[QUOTE=cholla;2515096]That will create an.iso with ImgBurn . I haven’t tried to ‘Write image file to disc’ with .wmv files in the .iso .Maybe Wombler can post if this will create a DVD compliant format .If you are going to play this in a standalone you will need to convert the .wmv to a DVD compliant format.
I’m leaving out other formats some standalones will also play.
AFAIK standalones won’t play .wmv files. If you are only going to play this on a computer .wmv should be fine.[/QUOTE]

thanks iv just tired that and nothing come up it must be copyright iv tried a-ray and it said no protection found do u no any good protection software that will help
how long are u gona b?

If you haven’t already tried it AnyDVD has a 21 day free trial. I removes most copy protection.It should also show any protection it removes.
DVDFab also has about the same software in beta.It’s free for now . DVDFab Passkey.

Those would be the next ones I would try.
I take it you can’t just copy & paste the .wmv file from the DVD to the hard drive ?

If you can get the .wmv files on your hard drive & want to convert them to DVD complieny format I suggest DVDFlick.

[QUOTE=bramley05;2515102]thanks iv just tired that and nothing come up it must be copyright iv tried a-ray and it said no protection found do u no any good protection software that will help
how long are u gona b?
[/QUOTE]

If it’s a standard DVD data disc then it’s not copy protected so that’s not surprising.

You shouldn’t therefore have any problems copying it and you don’t need any decryption or compression software.

What happened when you tried ImgBurn?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2515132]If you haven’t already tried it AnyDVD has a 21 day free trial. I removes most copy protection.It should also show any protection it removes.
DVDFab also has about the same software in beta.It’s free for now . DVDFab Passkey.

Those would be the next ones I would try.
I take it you can’t just copy & paste the .wmv file from the DVD to the hard drive ?

If you can get the .wmv files on your hard drive & want to convert them to DVD complieny format I suggest DVDFlick.[/QUOTE]

WMV files are not found on DVD Video discs so it’s not a disc that will play in a standalone DVD player anyway.

Decryption software isn’t required as there isn’t any protection to remove so AnyDVD and DVDFab Passkey aren’t of any use in this instance.

There may be DRM on the WMV files but that’s a different matter and the files should still copy.

[B]Wombler[/B]

@Wombler , It makes since the there may be DRM protection. I didn’t check & didn’t know if AnyDVD removed DRM from .wmv files. I know it removes copy protections from Audio CDs .

[QUOTE=cholla;2515156]@Wombler , It makes since the there may be DRM protection. I didn’t check & didn’t know if AnyDVD removed DRM from .wmv files. I know it removes copy protections from Audio CDs .[/QUOTE]

Audio CDs are also not data, so AnyDVD should help with copy protection in those cases, but I´m 99.999% sure it can´t deal with DRM as that´s a different issue altogether.

I think our problem here is to figure out exactly what´s on the OP´s disc…then we may be able to solve his problem.

[B]@bramley05[/B]: if appropriate, could you please let us know what the disc actually is…tiitle etc? This should help someone here to identify exactly what the problem is.

[QUOTE=deanimator;2515165]Audio CDs are also not data, so AnyDVD should help with copy protection in those cases, but I´m 99.999% sure it can´t deal with DRM as that´s a different issue altogether.

I think our problem here is to figure out exactly what´s on the OP´s disc…then we may be able to solve his problem.

[B]@bramley05[/B]: if appropriate, could you please let us know what the disc actually is…tiitle etc? This should help someone here to identify exactly what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

hi thanks im trying to make a backup disc of theory test dvd rom