Help Converting

i have a few movies in the .bin and .avi format… how can i make them a smaller size to burn to a cd-r… the .bin files are just a hair to large (approx 115% of 100% space givin) any help would be appreciated… would converting the .bin to .avi help?? help… keep up…

//CimmiC\
~bless~

Defenitely extract the AVI out of the BIN files. You will have to re-encode them to a lower bitrate (15% lower). Load into VirtualDUB, set Video compression to DivX and set bitrate 15% lower than what GSPOT report the actual bitrate to be. Then save AVI. Note that the quality will fall, probably more than 15% also but you need to do one to see the final result.

Another alternative is to use 90min or 99min CDR’s if your burner supports them. This is where a DVD burner comes in handy.

i’m havin a lil’ trouble wit this movie i have… it’s .avi… but i can’t open it up in Power DVD or DivX Player 2.1… i’m think’n it might be a problem with the codec… not sure though… help me if you can chickenman haha… keep up…

//CimmiC\
~bless~

Use GSPOT and it will tell you the Codec for both Video & Audio in the AVI. From http://www.headbands.com/gspot/