Help converting .ISO to .IMG?

vbimport

How can I convert a .ISO image file to a .IMG image file so I can burn it to a DVD? I need to convert because when I burn a .ISO file, my DVD player can’t read it, but when I burn a .IMG file, my DVD player can read it just fine…

If the .ISO is not the problem, could it be that the .ISO image is an image of a DVD-R and the disc I’m trying to burn it to is a DVD+R?

FYI, I am using Nero 9 to burn the disc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try using a dedicated ISO image burning program like ImgBurn instead. It’s free and it’s small.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Lol, that’s what I’m doing as we speak…Thanks for the welcome. :wink:

IMGBurn didn’t work either. Should I just go buy some DVD-R discs and try that or any other ideas?

You need to be specific so we can help…

“IMGBurn didn’t work either” is not specific…
Type of discs used
Burning speed
Contents of iso
Can you open original iso with media player?etc,etc,etc…

I used a Memorex DVD+R.
Burning speed was 2.5
Contents of ISO is the movie called Wanted with Angelina Jolie.
I can mount the ISO to a virtual drive and run the video files within it perfectly.

Thanks for responding.

So where did Imgburn fail? 2.5x speed is too slow IMO…try 6-8x, and maybe better media,which I’m sure you’ve heard before right?

Open your iso with DVDshrink,and make a backup to HDD (VIDEO_TS folder and burn that…

[QUOTE=djpg2000;2160783]I used a Memorex DVD+R.
Burning speed was 2.5
Contents of ISO is the movie called Wanted with Angelina Jolie.
I can mount the ISO to a virtual drive [B]and run the video files within it perfectly.
[/B]
Thanks for responding.[/QUOTE]
But can you simply [B]play[/B] it as a DVD?

Open your iso with DVDshrink,and make a backup to HDD (VIDEO_TS folder and burn that…

Hit reauthor and do the Movie Only. Many times if a Menu exists it has been altered in an incorrect fashion (stuff deleted buttons going to deleted content etc.) causing problems with some players.

IMGBurn failed at verification…I will try it at a higher speed and with DVDShrink. I will also try to burn to some Verbatim DVD+R discs that I have and I will let you know…

MysticEyes, I mounted the image onto a virtual drive and then it came up with an explorer window with 2 folders, a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder. I ran the .VOB files that were in the VIDEO_TS folder and I watched the whole movie without any flaws.

BTW, I have tried burning this image with Nero, IMGBurn, and Roxio with no success.

DVD Shrink won’t open up the image file…I can’t even select an image file to open up, it just lets me select the folder…And I’m burning another DVD at 8x as I type…

Start DVDShrink>press the Ctrl+I keys to choose/open your iso…

Oh ok, I had an older version of DVD Shrink and it didn’t have that feature yet…I downloaded the new one and when I tried to open the image, it came up with an error: Invalid UDF filesystem.

I also tried burning the image at 8x and it completed successfully including the verification, but when I tried to play it, it still wouldn’t play… :sad:

[QUOTE=djpg2000;2160875]Oh ok, I had an older version of DVD Shrink and it didn’t have that feature yet…I downloaded the new one and when I tried to open the image, it came up with an error: Invalid UDF filesystem.

I also tried burning the image at 8x and it completed successfully including the verification, but when I tried to play it, it still wouldn’t play… :sad:[/QUOTE]
You have a structure problem, not a burning one. That’s why it didn’t play as a DVD on your system. If Shrink can’t open it, it’s not gonna work no matter how you burn it.

MysticEyes, I mounted the image onto a virtual drive and [B]then it came up with an explorer window with 2 folders,[/B] a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder. I ran the .VOB files that were in the VIDEO_TS folder and I watched the whole movie without any flaws.

It shouldn’t ‘open’, it should [B]play[/B] as a DVD, not a collection of files.

Rip it to your HD and run this on the files and try Shrink again.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FixVTS

Ok, I am going to bed now…I will try it tomorrow and let you know what happens…Thanks for all the help so far guys… :clap:

I tried what you said and DVD Shrink was still not able to open the ISO. Thanks for all your help guys. I’ll just have to find download another image of the movie. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=djpg2000;2161081]I tried what you said and DVD Shrink was still not able to open the ISO. Thanks for all your help guys. I’ll just have to find download another image of the movie. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Wrong!

You have to buy the DVD!

[QUOTE=djpg2000;2160783]…
Contents of ISO is the movie called Wanted with Angelina Jolie…[/QUOTE][QUOTE=djpg2000;2161081]I’ll just have to find download another image of the movie. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]Sorry - but I’m closing this one.

Have another look at the rules you signed up to, particularly with regard to copyright protected ISOs:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html

[I]Thread closed.[/I]