Help Converting an merged ISO file into an Apple TV mp4

Hi All,

New to the DVDFab software and forum and hope someone can help me out here. Sorry for the long 1st post but I’ve been using the software for about a 2 weeks and have to be honest, my experience w/ the DFDFab SW has not been too favorable so far.

Some of my problems have been things like; complete application crashes, freezes during file conversions where everything stops and and goes to 0 and I have to stop and sometimes reboot PC and start all over and then it works. Last night I was converting a ISO to MP4 and watched the FPS slowly drop from an average of about 48fps to 0 while I watched and when it hit 0, so did the time remaining and everything stopped.

I am running the SW on w MacBook Pro Windows Partition running XP Pro BTW and perhaps this is why I have all the issues. I will download the latest and greatest version beta to see if it helps but… my reason for posting and my latest problem is most likely just a loose nut behind the keyboard. :wink:

What I am trying to do seems fairly simple but I am stumped at what I am doing wrong. All I am trying to do is take a flipper disk “The Right Stuff” and convert it to a single mp4 file for my Apple TV but here is the issue I am having:

1. Using the instructions I found for merging a flipper disk I have “successfully” converted to an ISO file, I say “successfully” because I now have a single large ISO that has both sides side A and B in it.
  2. I then try to convert that ISO file into an mp4 for Apple TV and it keeps creating 2 MP4 files instead of 1. (each being side A and B).

So, what has the loose nut behind the keyboard failed to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

[QUOTE=BKLinTX;2193016]Hi All,

New to the DVDFab software and forum and hope someone can help me out here. Sorry for the long 1st post but I’ve been using the software for about a 2 weeks and have to be honest, my experience w/ the DFDFab SW has not been too favorable so far.

Some of my problems have been things like; complete application crashes, freezes during file conversions where everything stops and and goes to 0 and I have to stop and sometimes reboot PC and start all over and then it works. Last night I was converting a ISO to MP4 and watched the FPS slowly drop from an average of about 48fps to 0 while I watched and when it hit 0, so did the time remaining and everything stopped.

I am running the SW on w MacBook Pro Windows Partition running XP Pro BTW and perhaps this is why I have all the issues. I will download the latest and greatest version beta to see if it helps but… my reason for posting and my latest problem is most likely just a loose nut behind the keyboard. :wink:

What I am trying to do seems fairly simple but I am stumped at what I am doing wrong. All I am trying to do is take a flipper disk “The Right Stuff” and convert it to a single mp4 file for my Apple TV but here is the issue I am having:

1. Using the instructions I found for merging a flipper disk I have “successfully” converted to an ISO file, I say “successfully” because I now have a single large ISO that has both sides side A and B in it.
  2. I then try to convert that ISO file into an mp4 for Apple TV and it keeps creating 2 MP4 files instead of 1. (each being side A and B).

So, what has the loose nut behind the keyboard failed to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I hear your problem, and the answer may be similar to many we’ve given to people running the software on a PC (as in IBM type machine).
I know my own personal exposure to the Apple is zero, and I don’t know about others here.

Problem is, I don’t know how much of the Windows environment you are running in is controlled by the Apple O/S… and that can make it really tough to analyze.

If anyone can help, I’m sure they’ll jump in, you’ll just have to be a little patient.

One question I would be asking, if I could help, would be what you used to merge the two sides together to give you the one ISO for both sides of the flippie. Just how did you ‘convert’ them?

O’C

:slight_smile:

hi,

About your problem, please try the new beta 5.2.2.6.

Thanks.

This is the nature of Merge mode. If you converted to a VIDEO_TS folder insted of an ISO, you would see that the two sides of the disc are two distinct titles, and they still are even though they are wrapped as an image. The ISO or the IFO/VOBs will play seamlessly on most players as a DVD, but DVD to Mobile will always see it as two titles and produce two output files. Not sure about the freezing/crashing, but it may or may not be fruit-related. When this happens on a native win machine my advice is usually to simplify the DVDFab settings to make things easier on the OS:

[ul]
[li]Put DVDFab in SPTI mode instead of Auto[/li][li]Turn off the read ahead cache[/li][li]Turn off autostart of the Preview function (2 boxes)[/li][li]In DVD to Mobile, try a different profile, lower screen size or bitrate[/li][li]If the crash report dialog comes up, send it in[/li][/ul]You might also try different memory allocation settings for DVD to Mobile. All the above can be found in Common Settings.

[quote=BKLinTX;2193016]Hi All,

So, what has the loose nut behind the keyboard failed to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

Hi Again All,

Thanks and great forum by the way and I appreciate all your quick responses and suggestions. I will try them all to see if it improves some of my isses. In answer to some of your questions.

1. XP on a MacBook Pro - This is actually an Intel Processor and a Dual boot Hard Drive using a Full Version of MS XP Pro 32 bit. It just allows me to boot to either OS depending one what I am doing. Wife’s Mac BTW, I am a long time Windows guy myself. :wink:

2. How did I merge the files? I 1st copied the side B to my HDD as Viedo_TS folder and then flipped disk to side A and used the merge function to output a single ISO file. Which it now appears that it’s just how it works, so I will need to have 2 files for Apple and will just have to start the other file when one finishes, which could have side me a huge headache had I known the merge doesn’t work for what I was trying to do.

Anyway, thanks again and I will download the newest version I am on 5.2.2.2 and I will apply the suggest config changes as well.

Thanks agai to all.

Hi All,

Just a quick note that perhaps from the upgrade or the suggested configuration changes, or both and my issues w/ the software are gone.

I still wish I could make one MP4 file from the merged ISO, otherwise what’s the point of a merge?

Anyway, thanks again for the help on the other stuff. Has been smooth sailing since then.

Thanks.