I'm considering buying the LiteOn 1633S, as my very first dvd burner, but I'm confused. I wanna get a device that do what I want.
I read this blurb in the 'poll' thread.
* DVD write quality: Poor at 16x. Okay at 12x. Good at 8x or slower
* Reading: Excellent and fast (if using a hacked firmware)
* Bitsetting: Yes
* PI/PIF scanning: Yes
* Misc: One of the few DVD burners that excels at overcoming CD copy protections; strong community; hacked firmwares that allow for limited amounts of overspeeding; the use of PCAV for 8x allows it to burn 8x discs very fast, conservative 12x is a bit on the slow side, decent 16x speeds
So, I have some questions
- Does riplock mean I can't copy movies...??? Or what...??
- What is bitsetting..??
- What is PI/PIF scanning...??
- I have an Xbox....
- I have always had Liteon cd burners and have never had trouble, is benq or
some other unit a better dvd burner than it's Liteon equivelant..??
- Hacked firmware...???
Any other pertinent info would be good too, as frankly I'm not sure what to
look for and I'm somewhat confused by the various terms....