I'm considering buying the benq 1620, as my very first dvd burner, but I'm confused. I wanna get a device that do whar I want.
I read this blurb in the 'poll' thread.
* DVD write quality: Good, with the latest firmware
* Reading: Good, but there is a riplock (no hacked firmware to remove riplock exists yet)
* Bitsetting: Yes
* PI/PIF scanning: Yes
* Misc: Good customer support/focus; official media overspeeding support (no need to use patched firmwares for overspeeding); the use of PCAV for 8x allows it to burn 8x discs very fast, good 12x and 16x speeds, too
So, I have some questions
1.Does riplock mean I can't copy movies...??? Or what...??
2. What is bitsetting..??
3. What is PI/PIF scanning...??
4. I have an Xbox....
5. I have always had Liteon cd burners and have never had trouble, is benq
a better dvd burner than it's Liteon equivelant..??
Any other pertinent info would be good too, as frankly I'm not sure what to
look for and I'm somewhat confused by the various terms....