Help CDR Gurus! CD data lost!

vbimport

Help please…

this is the strangest situation, I’m hoping someone can help. We made a four track recording, mixed it and recorded to CDR on Pioneer standalone Audio CDR recorder. In the meantime the original DAT was somehow destroyed and now the CDR is not working so all might be lost ! :frowning:

My thinking is that this CDR was not finalized, but when popping back into the unit, it appears as blank (or new) The disc cannot be recognized on any system computer or audio except for one place, my friend’s car stereo!!!

Perplexing to say the least.

So, I tried to “rescue this” with ISObuster, but it cannot recognize the disc. Any other suggestions on fixing the disc. Otherwise, how can I transfer this recording from a car stereo?

Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=jgreenhed39;2020650]Help please…

this is the strangest situation, I’m hoping someone can help. We made a four track recording, mixed it and recorded to CDR on Pioneer standalone Audio CDR recorder. In the meantime the original DAT was somehow destroyed and now the CDR is not working so all might be lost ! :frowning:

My thinking is that this CDR was not finalized, but when popping back into the unit, it appears as blank (or new) The disc cannot be recognized on any system computer or audio except for one place, my friend’s car stereo!!!

Perplexing to say the least.

So, I tried to “rescue this” with ISObuster, but it cannot recognize the disc. Any other suggestions on fixing the disc. Otherwise, how can I transfer this recording from a car stereo?

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

Sorry I’m not a Guru :disagree:
But the link below may help
http://www.stellarinfo.com/cd-data-recovery.htm

Try with another drive.

Thanks for the replies, I tried stellarinfo and iso buster but the disc is not being read by the drives. I would swear this is nothing on the disc, but once again this will play in my friends car stereo.

any other thoughts?

also, again I ask, how can one copy from a car stereo?

thank you

[QUOTE=jgreenhed39;2021236]Thanks for the replies, I tried stellarinfo and iso buster but the disc is not being read by the drives. I would swear this is nothing on the disc, but once again this will play in my friends car stereo.

any other thoughts?

also, again I ask, how can one copy from a car stereo?

thank you[/QUOTE]You would need to take it out and see what types of connections it has.

Have you tried clonecd? Have you tried some different cd rom drives to read it?

I will look into clone cd, but the problem is that the CDROM drives will not read the disc in the first place. Actually the auto prompt feature loads asking me if I want play it etc., but it will not activate. I have tried all CD drives available to me (5 or so)

I wonder why it plays in the car stereo