Help Cd_pirate pick his next DVD writer!

Well, I’m not sure about this one. I need a lightscribe writer. This is not debatable, I really want to use lightscribe :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what would be the best choice. I have two LG writers already, a Pioneer 111L, and two BenQ DW1800.

If I could get a proper BenQ 1655 I would, but I can’t find one anywhere (for a reasonable price - hey 130 bucks is a ripoff unless you can find me one for under 100).

My options are:

18x ASUS (who actually makes this drive anyways?) $45
18x LG H55L??? (dunno which model exactly but it has LS) $52

I’m open to other drives, if I can find them that is, but those two are easily available to me.

Thanks! :smiley:

I have a BenQ 1655, 1640 and 1620 and Lite-On 165HS, number 1 would be the 1640, then the Litey.

Do you have access to buy Litey’s?
Both my Litey and BenQ 1655 are Lightscribe, but if you ask me Lightscribe is not worth it, I prefer inkjet printable disks instead. Much better, cheaper and better quality.

I hear the LG’s are great writers, but aren’t as good as the Liteys and BenQ’s for scanning and QS.

asus are pioneers afaik , my money would be on an lg anyways :smiley:

That’s weird if Asus are pioneer since Pioneer doesn’t support LS at all.

Anyways, I am probably getting a 1640 off ebay soon for cheap. Dunno if I am going to keep bothering with lightscribe, might just borrow my friends DVD burner and do some LS :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s the other way around, Asus builds the drives and Pioneer rebadges Asus drives.