HELP?! Can't find anywhere in US to buy SOHC-5235K

vbimport

I am wanting to buy a SOHC-5235K combo drive. I would like to get it from an online store in the US. I have searched PriceWatch, NexTag, and PriceGrabber. Also did some Google searching. No luck. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy the drive?!

-Thanks

Then buy the SOHC-5232K. There’s no difference between their specs anyway.

Try NewEgg.com

And if you cant find that, look for a Sony CRX320E - it’s the same as the 5232K
Of all my drives, it’s the only one with a decent level of CD-RW media handling, bot 10x that two other drives can’t use (works great at 12x), to a few pieces of 24x I got hold of (16-24 zoned - PCAV would be nice, but very few drives do PCAV on CD-RW ultraspeed)

Guys,

I have a Sony CRX320E flashed with the newest Lite-On SOHC-5232K firmware (NK0H). The drive works perfectly, but is slightly louder than I like. I read that the 5235K (update to the 5232K) uses ABS (noise reduction) instead of VAS (used in the 5232K) to reduce noise. I thought I would give it a try. I still haven’t been able to find one?!

-Thanks

ABS is what’s used in the 166S DVD-ROM, isn’t it? I kinda like it.

In any case, it’s hard to avoid noise issues at speeds like 52x. Try burning at lower speeds. Or, stick with the Sony firmware, since Sony has the TurboBoost that limits the speed of the drive unless you override it.

here in poland 5235k is available since beggining of last weeks, so it should be in uk available too