Help - Cant copy Morrowind

vbimport

I have CloneCD 4.0.1.6.

I have a Toshiba SD-M1212 DVD-ROM and a HP CDWriter+9200 SCSI burner.

I cant seem to make a good copy of Morrowind, using either of the drives to read the disc. I am using the default "Game" setting in CloneCD.

Any suggestions?

Hey dlowrey,

I used my Ricoh 7200 to burn Morrowind but I also had to use BetaBlocker to patch the images.

I also altered the default “game” settings to turn “Fast Error Skip” to “ON” rather than “DEFAULT”.

Now the reason I did this is with it set to automatic it was taking much, much longer than it should have to read and setting it manually to “ON” decreased the read time considerably…werid? :confused:

I also found that my writer could read the CD much better than my pioneer DVD could.

I hope this has helped you :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dlowrey
[B]I have CloneCD 4.0.1.6.

I have a Toshiba SD-M1212 DVD-ROM and a HP CDWriter+9200 SCSI burner.

I cant seem to make a good copy of Morrowind, using either of the drives to read the disc. I am using the default “Game” setting in CloneCD.

Any suggestions? [/B]

According to clonecd’s database, your writer doesn’t support correct efm encoding so it can’t handle the version of safedisc 2 with which this cd is protected.
As spunkster21 suggested, you might be successful if you patch the clone image with beta-blocker before burning. Then again, maybe not.
Also if you live in the States (or have your language settings set to US English) so that AWS is disabled, you might take steps to enable it and then try again with clone and the default game profiles. Again, this might or might not work.
Best of luck.