HELP - Cant copy lost season 2

I am trying to make a backup copy but I get the following error message - failed to read from file %s within seconds of starting the advanced analysis. I haven’t had any problems prior to this. I am copying to a sony 820A using the software (nero smartsuite) that came with the burner. The version of Nero Recode 2 is 2.2.6.17 I also have DVD43 to get past the encryption. How can I get past this? Do I need some other software?

These DVDs have a new protection. I have a portuguese brazilian version and I can copy with Nero Recode 2 and AnyDVD 6.0.6.1

[b]as Mentioned Above Try Using Dvd Shrink With Any Dvd Running As It Probably Has A New Kind Of Macrovision Either Puppetlock Or Sonys Usual Encryption Code

Silversurfer4907

did it work for you?
using anydvd and clone dvd2 i got discs 1-4 and 7 but cant do 5 and 6 which seems very strange.

try nero recode 2 version 2.9.1.0 in NERO 8 just release about 2 weeks ago…it has a lot of improve over previous version 2.5 in NERO 7, much for faster best for dual core and quadcore cpu,also fully compatible with win VISTA…to copy copy protected dvd you may need DVDREGION FREE + CSS (latest version 5.9.8.5 from FENGTAO) will give you perfect back up… for easier back up use dvdfab platium …i’m new here but very old in AFTERDAWN…

First, my problem is that I cannot even watch [I]Lost - the Complete 2nd Season[/I] on my PC, and not to talk about copying it. While I can watch and even copy the 1st and 3rd seasons of Lost, I cannot watch the 2nd season of Lost. And here we talk about original DVDs, in excellent condition, bought in the store, and not copied DVDs. I can otherwise watch them on my TV using ordinary DVD player. However, when I load a 2nd-season-Lost disc on my PC, it starts promising, showing menu. Nevertheless, when I click on either [I]Play all[/I] or an episode title, it simply returns to the menu.

For watching DVDs on my PC, I use Nero Vision or PowerDVD Deluxe Version. I find it very strange that I cannot watch the 2nd season of Lost; this is the first time I have encountered such a problem, I have otherwise watched numerous other DVDs on my PC with no problem at all.

Second, for copying, I use CloneDVD coupled with AnyDVD. When trying to copy 2nd season of Lost, CloneDVD shows many titles, but episode titles appear empty with zero minutes duration.

Third, I have also Nero Recode (from Nero 8), but it is blind for episode titles. It only register menu.

What is your comments? Do you have the 2nd season of Lost and can you watch it on your PC?

P.S. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2, DVD drives are (1) HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B, and (2) Optiarc DVD±RW ND-3570A.

Regards,
Alex

[QUOTE=c1boater;1545588]I am trying to make a backup copy but I get the following error message - [B]failed to read from file %s[/B] within seconds of starting the advanced analysis. I haven’t had any problems prior to this. I am copying to a sony 820A using the software (nero smartsuite) that came with the burner. The version of Nero Recode 2 is 2.2.6.17 I also have DVD43 to get past the encryption. How can I get past this? Do I need some other software?[/QUOTE]

Lost season 2 is it really dificult to copy, but i found the good software.

go download any dvd:

http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/encodeurs_et_decodeurs/fiches/26956.html

and for the last cd (disc 6) you need dvdidle and dvd shrink

http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/lecteurs_video_dvd/fiches/27448.html

http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/encodeurs_et_decodeurs/fiches/26483.html

and for the last disc juste open dvdidle and do your copy with dvd shrink

good luck:)

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.:slight_smile: