Help can't burn copyright

Hi my name is Tammy and I am more than new to this I have never ever done it before. I just received a new dell computer that has a DVD burner but when I go to copy one of my DVD’s teh copyright blocks it from burning. Also is it illegal to download movies from the internet and burn those. God I need so much help I feel just so stupid with all this.

Thank you Tammy

If you look down farther on the forum main chat there is a link to [B][U]Copy DVD Movies[/U][/B]. In there you can find various programs to do what you like and also for use and recommendation for my experience. I would go and download 3 programs from slysoft. Go to http://www.slysoft.com those programs have a trial period of 21 days oops the programs are (AnyDVD, CloneCD, CloneDVD2, and maybe Clonemobile) - I am not advocating this is the only program but for ease of use and GUI interface is easy to follow the defaults installed worked fine for me. It comes down to what you like the program to do and what your needs are. Also would like to mention forum users are not able to provide illegal download movie help sorry. It’s part of the forum rules.

I agree with coolcolrs and stand by Slysoft. Their software is affordably priced (especially when you realize what your paying for the movies you are buying), great and timely upgrades, a frequent presence on CDFreaks and very easy to use - especially for beginners.

Here is an interesting thread that has many links to other products (mostly free). It might be overwhelming now but it will come in handy.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=195476

I have been riding H-D’s for many years and have an Ultra so I’m loyal but I have to pass on one of the best jokes (hope you haven’t heard it).

Question: What’s the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

Ans.: You can put two dirt bags on a Harley.

Welcome to CDF

great joke jeff53404 Thank You everone for your help

np I hoped my experience shed more light on what you are looking for.

Hi everyone BTW! New to the site. I can also stand up for Slysoft. I have backed up well over 1000 movies with the software. I ride a Honda CBR though :stuck_out_tongue:

It is illegal when they are copyrighted material and not made freely available by the copyright holders.

I’m currently using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (yeah, I know, cheapskate) and I find they do an excellent job for freeware. However, they aren’t the most user friendly around so you may take a while to get used to them. Up to you really, I just think you can’t complain about the UI on freeware.