Help burning PC games for old Windows 98 laptop

vbimport

I’m totally new to this and have no idea what i’m doing. Basically what i want is to use our new pc to burn games, that i can install on an old windows 98 laptop, as if i had bought the cd-rom at a store. Actually i plan on purchasing the downloads legit, i’ve found websites, but i dont know how to make them into a normal disk to install. I have newer pcs around of course, but really like this old laptop i have, its small and light, I just plan to use it to play fun old offline games to kill time. I dont want to get rid of it, i’m kinda attached to it. Here’s my failed first attempt.

There are a couple problems. ONe, it is Windows 98. I can’t hook our verizon wireless card up to it and download directly because their VZ access software requires newer versions of windows. I dont think there is any way i can hook internet up to it. (my husband, back in the day, had used those huge old Sprint wireless internet cartridge things on it). so no internet, Which is fine, i just want to have offline games on it.

So i grabbed a DVDR (thats all we had in the house at the time, no cdrs) and with our new desktop, downloaded a game trial, (some generic sim strategy, family something) burned it to the dvdr. I tried to use that disk to install the game on the old laptop. It didn’t read the disk. So i tried the disk on a not quite so old (but much heavier and uglier) windows XP laptop. Still didn’t read disk. so i’m sure i did several things wrong, just trying to figure it out

So i guess I need to know how to burn a game to a normal CDR. The lattitude has a cd drive but i dont think it reads dvds. I used “cyberlink dvd suite deluxe”, which came on our new HP. No reason, it was just there, and burned stuff. i’m sure i need to use a normal cdr disk (the games i plan on finding won’t be very big, arcade and what not).

any insight and help is very appreciated. from one old computer lover, to another

[QUOTE=Ijustsawalizard;2524759]I’m totally new to this and have no idea what i’m doing. Basically what i want is to use our new pc to burn games, that i can install on an old windows 98 laptop, as if i had bought the cd-rom at a store. Actually i plan on purchasing the downloads legit, i’ve found websites, but i dont know how to make them into a normal disk to install.[/QUOTE]

Maybe contacting the place your getting the game how to burn to blank media would be a start.

[QUOTE=Ijustsawalizard;2524759]So i guess I need to know how to burn a game to a normal CDR. The lattitude has a cd drive but i dont think it reads dvds. I used “cyberlink dvd suite deluxe”, which came on our new HP. No reason, it was just there, and burned stuff. i’m sure i need to use a normal cdr disk (the games i plan on finding won’t be very big, arcade and what not).

any insight and help is very appreciated. from one old computer lover, to another[/QUOTE]

Latitude will read dvd media not burn them. If you want to burn on dvd you will have to get a external dvd burner or change your internal dvd reader to a dvd burner. Are we talking about two different laptop? Latitude is from Dell and I wouldn’t trust cyberlink as far as I can toss it…

There are some options, but the Operating System can cause some instability. Windows 98 cannot read the same disc formats that XP or Mac can.

• Connect the LAN network adapter to your network. Transfer files via the network
  • Write standard cd-roms and work from there