Okâ€¦couldnâ€™t find any similar cases after a search so I am hoping one of you can help me figure out what is wrong with my setup.
Bought a BTC-1008 several months ago and installed on a machine running W2K server. The drive was originally running slow and burned several coasters. After reading this board, I discovered UMA. Made the change and the drive was burning fine at 4X.
I just recently bought a Dell SC400 2.8Ghz, 512MB ram running on XP SP2. I moved the drive from the old computer to this one and the problem came back. During a burn, the light on the drive would flash green, green, orange. Neroâ€™s speedcheck indicated DVD read at 6.9x maximum after turning on UMA. I was able to successfully burn a 4x dvd after 45 minutes. Iâ€™ve tried the followingâ€¦
- Turn on UMA, IDE is showing â€œUltra UMA Mode 2â€ after reboot
- Upgraded to the latest firmware to 0069
- Switched the burner from Secondary slave to Secondary Master
- Change the dipswitch from cable select to Master
- Deleted both the drive and the secondary IDE from Device manager and reboot
- Check the BIOS and thereâ€™s nothing on UMA
Iâ€™ve also taken out the burner and reinstalled it on my old PC and the burner runs like a champ. Now, did I miss something obvious? What else should I check on the software side? My next attempt is to swap out the IDE cable and see if that makes a difference. Suggestions?